Mad Men

Started by Jor el, April 02, 2011, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,Galactus

Quote from: strangelight on April 25, 2013, 04:02:10 PM
this season is really depressing. it used to be fun to watch don cheat. now it's just... demoralizing? soul-crushing?

Yep.  Don and Megan are wearing me out.  The shit with the swingers was hilarious, tho.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, they are headed for the end and it's not good for Don.  We see his sad upbringing every week too.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

The swinger guy Mel is Ted McGinley from the later Happy Days.
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Quote from: RAGER on April 26, 2013, 09:47:19 AM
The swinger guy Mel is Ted McGinley from the later Happy Days.

Good thing it's the next to last season or there'd be shark jumpin' accusations.

Always dug him as Jefferson on Married... with Children.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Oh yeah that's right.  Forgot aboot that.
No Focus Pocus

Token

Have no clue as to why you people think this show is going to end on a happy note, it ain't, fun's over and I'm loving every minute of it.

We have the "colored" girl getting some script time on the show (I can say that, you can't, so don't try it)
Joans tits are getting bigger (Got the super hards when I sore that her dress was torn after her night with the Mary Kate hoe)
Harry pulls his balls out on gently sets them on the board table, rips Joan in the process

I could go on, this is "The Wire" for white people. Addicting, sad, cure for AIDS, and I ain't never seen a episode of that crappy show. (One more person runs up to asking me if I've seen that show I'm going to sodomize them)

VOLVO)))

Are "The Wire" and "Mad Men" on BET?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

strangelight

Quote from: Token on April 26, 2013, 07:18:29 PM
(One more person runs up to asking me if I've seen that show I'm going to sodomize them)

hey tehjoust1, have you seen the wire?

and i know this show's gonna end badly (as in bad for don) but i didn't expect so much of that at the beginning of the penultimate season. we've got 26 hours of tv for don to self-destruct. ease up on the grimmitude.

The Shocker

Quote from: Token on April 26, 2013, 07:18:29 PM

I could go on, this is "The Wire" for white people. Addicting, sad, cure for AIDS, and I ain't never seen a episode of that crappy show. (One more person runs up to asking me if I've seen that show I'm going to sodomize them)

Prison style?

The Wire was for white people.

Token

Odd

Thought this episode was a'ight, cute, I get it.

Only thing they could've left out was that stupid Insurance weirdo

Bobby asking his dad about Planet of The Apes, the ending, pretty funny, JESUS.

MichaelZodiac

I loved that insurance dude, i'm wondering if he's a LSD buddy of Roger. Don is spiraling downhill pretty quickly it seems, his over-the-top excessive drinking might catch him sooner than I would have believed.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

I,Galactus

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on April 30, 2013, 08:35:56 AM
I loved that insurance dude, i'm wondering if he's a LSD buddy of Roger.

Definitely.  Roger said that dude "talked him off a ledge once."  I was hoping after last season's finale that we'd get to see a long-haired acid casualty version of Roger Stirling, but space case friends are an OK substitute.

Quote from: strangelight on April 29, 2013, 11:01:51 AM

:D at Joanie's inability to hug people, due to her massive mammaries.

MadJohnShaft

Okay this show got back on track - it's been a while since they focused on the agency - they wrapped up the affair by having the kid come home and they wrapped up Peggy too. Awesome.

I don't think it worked having shows where we just watch them react to events of the 60's. 

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jor el on May 07, 2013, 07:40:34 AMGreat episode.

QFT

Wish I could find a good shot of Don saying "I love puppies."

Also, Something by Ralph Waldo Emerson.  :D

Joanie's "cheering from the sidelines" speechifying killed it too.

strangelight

yep, great episode. i agree with MJS. this show does better focusing on the characters at the agency than just reacting to stuff that happens in the 1960s. unfortunately, they still gotta kill bobby kennedy, so we have at least one more of those episodes. wonder if kent state or the DNC protests will make their way into this too.

I,Galactus

Goddamnit yes.  :D

Applauded.

I,Galactus

All that and a Superman blowie.

MichaelZodiac

Creepy Don is fucking creepy. I thought he would almost cry at the end. I wonder wether he will "Move forward" as Peggy suggested or just go downhill. Ted's nice. Pete remains a dickhead.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Token

Lord have mercy that whole "stay here until I get back" thing was pretty intense, coming back to a hotel room and have that waiting for you? Child, please.

Yep, after days on end of fun I've had that moment looking at a room tore the fuck down and thinking "what the hell just happened?" and or "I never want this to end."

Alcoholism is a motherfucker.

strangelight

what's that? don draper wants me to spend all day in a fancy hotel room and show up on a whim to pleasure me? OH NO DON'T HOW TERRIBLE YES PUT IT IN HERE.

MadJohnShaft

Wasn't she hungry?

RAGER

I'll watch this tonight.  I'm always behind on tv watching.  Tv watching is priority #10
No Focus Pocus