Mad Men

Started by Jor el, April 02, 2011, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangelight

this whole season has felt a bit off. maybe 2 or 3 episodes they've really hit their stride and got it all working, but most of the time it just hasn't worked. i agree, the ted v. don drama is a non-drama. don's relationship with sylvia has been a huge fucking downer from the beginning. not a "bad" season but a real come-down from season 5. they better build to something really big or this will become the season 4 of the sopranos.

MadJohnShaft

Two left - what is the storyline this season?  The merger and his affair.   They did lots on Don's childhood - that kid didn't seem anything like him and that wasn't connected back into present day.

The thing with Bob Bensen was poor though the shorts make sense now.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

OUTLANDAH

^ When he was playing the nice guy and wearing those shorts with Joanne I immediately thought "GAY". It would have been cool if he was a corporate spy, or G-man, well... I guess he is a G-man in a sense. Still I think this whole season has been Don(Dick) struggling with his hidden identity and his past.

Token

I love older Sally Draper.

MJS > Monolo' - Battle supremacy for the worlds classiest mustache.

strangelight

i think there might still be something more to bob benson. he must've known he was barking up the wrong tree with pete. and after pete called the gays "degenerates," THEN he comes onto him? part of me thinks maybe benson is a sociopath like ken said he was. ken's usually right about people on this shoo.

MadJohnShaft

So what's the big season ending shocker coming up? Divorce from Megan?  She can probably afford to be on her own and doesn't need him.

Someone needs to die though, that's the rules on this show.

strangelight

bob benson's the new don draper.

ken got shot in the face... wonder if this is as close to someone dying this season as we'll get or what. and does pete campbell moving to detroit mean we'll see less of him? because that fake receding hairline skeeves me out. moar purdy ppl in teh office plz.

Token

Deal Glen,

God Tier

xoxo - Token

Jor el

A lotta turmoil in the wrap up.

What's the deal with Pete's hair?
What Would Scooby Do ?

strangelight

they make the actor shave his hairline so it looks like pete has a gross and receding hairline. i 'member some red carpet photos with vincent krautheiser where the hair was starting to grow back and he had this weird, fucked up stubble on his forehead.

i thought that was a really great finale to what's been an uneven season. i hope megan drops lots of LSD and takes her top off next year. also i cried like a baby during the hershey's pitch.

MadJohnShaft

That episode was very satisfying. Thank God.

Do you think Pete's mom's nanny was trying to get rich?

I liked the end shot of Don and daughter in profile looking at the bordello together with the same expression.

MichaelZodiac

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Token

Peggy gets the shaft (again)

Jor el

Everyone wants the LA spot?
That's just silly.
What Would Scooby Do ?

jmucke

Good but not great season. Liked dark Don starting to lose it, Pete toking, Sally being all teenager and Rogers one-liners. Yes, that last shot with Don and Sally was pretty cool.

Bro. Righteous

Can we just get more shots of the big-titted red head chick, fuck she is So hot!

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

Jor el

Neve Fucking Campbell
What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

They finally addressed Megan's grill.
What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

I didn't recognize Winy last time or Neve this time.

Token

http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/mad-men/3466627323001/time-zones

9:00 min mark - Fuckin A' right Ima' man. Cheesy scene, but brilliant.

MichaelZodiac

Man, he's trying so hard it's almost overkill.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Jor el

The Anti-Don attitude seemed a little over the top.
They all have history with him.
What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

I think Megan's getting her fuck on with that other chick and some dudes.  That's why she doesn't want Don to come out to Cali.
No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

They really needed that sliver of hope.

Nolan