Main Menu

Mad Men

Started by Jor el, April 02, 2011, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,Galactus

Glad they're finally deciding to shit or get off the pot with Bob Benson.  I was getting really sick of seeing him every damn week if they weren't going to do something with him.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

I know.  I was all like "why they got this hunky always millin 'round?"
No Focus Pocus

Token

Moar crazy black women breaking into the Draper Home, plz.

strangelight

stan and peggy almost boned.

dammit stan, if you hadn't fucked the hippie soothsaying whore, peggy might've left her lame bf for you.

also, where can i get meth/coke injected into my ass? looked fun/terrible.

MichaelZodiac

I thought this episode was great. Don going over the edge with some dope in his system, the other dudes who took it were having fun fo' sure. I'm wondering what will happen with the merger now Don basically said "fuck this".
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Token

I'm getting a little done on the whole drug thing

Ok, now we know what Don does while he's on drugs
ok, now we know what Roger does while he's on drugs
ok, now we know what every god damn employee on does on drugs at Sterling/Copper/Price/Cosgrove/Campbell/Olsen/Holloway whatever the fuck the name of that agency is.

*highlights

Ken dances with a kane
Dick gets bonned by prostitiue, then gets beat with a spoon
My aunt breaking into the draper home

Top highlight

Don and next door neighbor in the elevator, she thought he was going to talk to her, no, typical draper doesn't say a word and gets off the elevator.

cunt/

MadJohnShaft

This season is unsatisfactory - I don't know what has happened but this show has gone into the toilet.  I bet whatever the finale is, it will be very irritating.

Want to take bets?

Don jumps out a window like in the opening credits.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

strangelight

hmmm... i thought season 5 was pretty perfect from start to finish, but i kind of agree about this season... certain things feel off.

don's entire storyline is completely joyless. sure, it's not feel-good-happy all the time for don in other seasons, but this season has been unrelentingly dark for him. there were actually moments in earlier seasons where he joked or laughed or smiled or something.

roger sterling has been demoted to comic relief. which is sort of ok, because he's great at it, but roger also had dramatic moments and real purpose in earlier seasons and that's pretty much gone now.

there hasn't been a whole lot of office stuff this season. maybe 3 episodes' worth? and at least 3 episodes of "watch something terrible on the news."

in the early-to-mid 60s, everyone looked sleek and stylish and cool. now in the late 60s, they all look like cartoons. i get that the fashion was effing awful in the late 60s, but that ginsberg facial hair has to be a joke.

and as much as i like the 1930/40s flashbacks to don's youth in terms of developing his character, there's something about the production level of the flashback scenes that just seems so... off. it looks like they're standing on a shitty soundstage somewhere.

i still love this show and look forward to every episode, but this season has definitely been less satisfying as a viewer.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Token on May 20, 2013, 05:15:51 PM
My aunt breaking into the draper home

I thought Jemima was everybody's aunt.  ???
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

MadJohnShaft

Didn't the kids go off with the pervert this season too?  This show is flailing around pointlessly.

Next week they all go to Woodstock.

I,Galactus

My cable provider and I are no longer speaking. 

You cant say "Joan goes to the beach" in an episode description when in fact Joan packs to go the beach while remaining fully clothed. 

>:( >:( >:(
Bob Benson's shorts were nice, though.  ;)

black

Quote from: strangelight on May 20, 2013, 11:51:02 AM
...also, where can i get meth/coke injected into my ass? looked fun/terrible.

*slowly raises hand*
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Token

My heart did a little flutter seeing Don and Betts together again.

"Father Abraham, had many sons."

Let's see-

*Highlights

Obviously Abe getting shanked
Obviously Abe breaking up with Peggy in the Ambulance talkin' shit ("you'll always be the enemy")
Pete talking to Duck
Bob taking advantage of Joanie, Joanie getting col' busted by Bob when Roger comes over
Megans co-worker wants to go to the bone zone/

I,Galactus

Improvised bayonets truly are the pinnacle of home defense.

I,Galactus

Megan Draper wore Sharon Tate's 'Nam Star shirt in Sunday's ep:

Also, Bob Benson told everyone at Roger's mom's funeral that his dad was dead. 

Now he's been nursed back to full recovery by some dude named Manolo?  ???

MichaelZodiac

I have no idea what Bob Benson is up to. Is his name even Bob Benson?

I thought Betty looked ab-sol-ute-ly stunning but I'm a sucker for blonds anyway. The scenes with her and Don were great and she was right on the money when she was feeling sympathy for Megan who doesn't know yet that loving Don is not the good way of approaching him. On the other hand when Don came back and heard Megan's call to come back to him, he held her which he thinks is the closest you can get to a person. I hope this means he might be back.

Talk about a rough break-up for Peggy. You stab your boyfriend with a homemade spear, then tell your boss who's actually in love with you and all you get is an "Ok. I'm sure you'll find someone else."

PS: the soap-opera elements were killing me this episode. Don singing? YES PLEASE.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

MichaelZodiac

Overview of several Bob Benson theories: http://www.buzzsugar.com/Bob-Benson-Mad-Men-30649888

/reallyhookednow

Nolan

Token

Mikeal Zo brings the knowledge.

Totally didn't connect Bobs dad and the Monolo nurse.

MadJohnShaft

That episode 6/02 just plain sucked.

MichaelZodiac

Old generation vs. new generation. Go with it or basically die. I'm wondering if at the end of this season everybody will be smoking pot in the office.

Nolan

strangelight

megan and don are gonna have a band-aid baby. or she's gonna die sharon tate style and then don's going to jump off their balcony.

there's an extra nipple here for you.

MadJohnShaft

Yep, Don just can't go on and there's an annoying bloodbath coming one way or another.

Steady yourselves for the bullshit LOST type ending, damn those producers we didn't see it coming. They will not give us a respectful Sopranos type resolution, introducing a slew of new characters in the final half of the season is not sitting well.

strangelight

don draper, you are the worst dad.

jon hamm, you played that confusion in the apartment lobby perfectly. turning, turning back.

if sally doesn't drop acid and take her top off at woodstock, this show is doing something wrong.

MadJohnShaft

The Ted vs Don drama is a real dead end.