Started by Mike_Sims, October 14, 2011, 02:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Pm'd dick pics

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

chille01

I just got one of these in a trade deal tonight: http://www.heavyelectronics.com/GF.html

Only been able to try it out through my shitty practice amp with headphones so far, but it seems pretty cool.  Does what the description says... kind of an overdrive/fuzz cross at lower gain settings, with the voltage up all the way.  Dial the voltage back a bit, and it gets way fuzzier.  Crank up the gain, and it also get's fuzzier but still with some definition.  Seems to be more fuzz on tap then I'll ever need, and plenty heavy so far.  Will have to see how it works with the main rig on Tuesday.

inductorguitars

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 11, 2011, 03:39:25 PM
Pm'd dick pics

Email in profile. Thanks!

Mike_Sims

cock shots or gtfo!! anyways, back on subject. That grind fuzz sounds pretty cool. I've been looking for a "grindy" sound.. I guess kinda like something really fucking midrangy and just nasty

VOLVO)))

I want something that'll honk on open notes, and smooth out on fretted notes... perfect example, lowrider - ode to Io...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Fuck buyin pedals anymoar.  Ima finna jus billd my won from now on.  Anythang i wawnt.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Im finna build me one o'dem Rodent kits. I want a rat somethin' fierce.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Baltar

You'll love it.  I used to live in Kalamazoo and almost every guitar player in town had one.  They'd just be laying around in basements like empty beer cans.  Everyone knew someone that worked at ProCo and would get 'em dirt cheap.  I shoulda, coulda, woulda....
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

RAGER

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 17, 2011, 02:43:16 PM

Rodent kit doesn't come with the lm308 chip like the byoc does but you could just buy that separate for like $5
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on November 17, 2011, 04:00:09 PM

Rodent kit doesn't come with the lm308 chip like the byoc does but you could just buy that separate for like $5

Really? the big upgrade that lets everybody charge extra for their Rat customs/clones is a $5 chip? How hard is it to install?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Quote from: Lumpy on November 17, 2011, 08:23:23 PM
Quote from: RAGER on November 17, 2011, 04:00:09 PM

Really? the big upgrade that lets everybody charge extra for their Rat customs/clones is a $5 chip? How hard is it to install?
Easy if you source the parts yourself and know the business end of a soldering iron
No Focus Pocus

Baltar

It's pretty easy to drop one in, I think they make sockets for IC chips so you can change them out like Atari cartridges.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

The Shocker

Just pulled the trigger on a reissue Fender Blender.  Any fans?

Chovie D

BYOC mighty mouse is a really good rat clone. I have an old lm308 rat and did a side by side comparison and they were damn close if not impossible to tell apart.

I built alot of BYOC, but there came a point where i just needed to own the original pedals they were cloning...the ones I could afford anyway. For example , in my mind there is no need to buy a BYOC 250+ as both those effects are widely available for cheap. a tonebender clone on the other hand, Im unlikely to find at a price I can justify paying, and the BYOC tonebender sounds great so why not? That said I still regularly use the BYOC delay (still on my live pedalboard)and the leeds fuzz, fuzz face and tonebender.

Deaner, ive never tried a fender blender but have always wanted to. ampeg scrambler is another one ive never had the opportunity to try.

SoupKitchen

RE: Fender Blender.
I think it does a better octave up than any of the Octavias I've played with (Voodoo Lab Proctavia, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octave Fuzz), but the fuzz is kind of weak unless you have the boost button on. I just leave mine on all the time. It's like night and day.

I've been playing a lot lately with a Boss FZ-3 (their OTHER analog fuzz pedal), and I keep the tone and fuzz all the way down. It still sounds good, with lots of sustain. I haven't opened it up, but I've heard it's all discrete transistors, no ICs. Some compare the tone to a Tone Bender, but they may have been emulating a silicon Fuzz Face. Any thoughts on the FZ-3? Any fans?

Lumpy

The Fender Blender has some great sounds in there. You can dial in a subtle Ring Modulator aspect with your fuzz. Better for indie/garage wildness than metal or stoner tones though. Can sound extremely abrasive. Thumbs up.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

The Shocker

So how many original fuzz circuits are there?  Seems like most everything is a clone of something else.

BTW, I've got a serious boner for one of these:

http://www.foxxpedals.com/tone_machine.htm

Chovie D

Quote from: deaner33 on November 29, 2011, 08:27:32 PM
So how many original fuzz circuits are there?  Seems like most everything is a clone of something else.

BTW, I've got a serious boner for one of these:

http://www.foxxpedals.com/tone_machine.htm

you should watch the movie "Fuzz" if you havent already, all of you should it is awesome.
http://www.amazon.com/Fuzz-Sound-That-Revolutionized-World/dp/B000VUFJ14

foxx tone machine is an octave fuzz and a very cool one. danelctro frenct toast is a good clone used for $25 or so.
the early fuzz circuits were fairly simple, the fuzztone, the fuzzrite, the boss tone
The most replicated ones are the superfuzz, big muff, and fuzz face it seems.

The Shocker

Saw that when it came out, but I'm gonna watch it again.

Apparently I like octave fuzzes.

Chovie D

Quote from: deaner33 on November 30, 2011, 08:12:41 AM
Saw that when it came out, but I'm gonna watch it again.

Apparently I like octave fuzzes.

me too broseph and its not for the octave, most of the octave functions are pretty mild, I love em because of the weird overtones, they can sound massive. superfuzz is my fave.

The Shocker

Ran across this site, which some of y'all may already be aware of:
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/
Pretty much every pedal ever made is in the database and I really like how it shows a pedal's relationship to others.

For example, my Guyatone TZ2:
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/guyatone/micro/tz2