Main Menu

Let's talk Fuzz (part. ?)

Started by Mike_Sims, October 14, 2011, 02:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

I enjoy owning the mosrite and teh maestro fuzzes as collectors items...but the sound? Its useful for nostalgic purposes i guess.

Fuzzes other than superfuzzes that I like are Tonebenders and Fuzz Faces...I only have clones. would like a real tonebender some day.
I LOVE my rams head big muff but it's not what I think of as fuzz, its more of a tighter distortion sound. no splat, great note clairty even on chords, etc.

The Shocker

Quote from: Lumpy on October 18, 2011, 01:15:28 AM
Save it for later. Give it to your kid, when he starts playing guitar. It'll be vintage by then... 'collector's item'!

Some pedals, I can see selling (expensive stuff you'll never use, or stuff you hate) but some pedals are potentially useful, and the money you'd get in return might not be worth it... going to the post office, and all that.

Just checked and the Guyatone is discontinued.  May be better to hold onto it for a while.  ;)

Lumpy

By the time your kid learns to play the guitar, he'll be like "I want a fuzz that I can play on the computer". You'll download your effects from a streaming cloud database, or whatever they call it.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

The Shocker

True, but there'll be some dudes our age that want one...

Chovie D

yeah , if your gonna sell any effect for $40..your better off just keeping it.

RacerX

QuoteInsert Quote

*Unless you're flipping it for another $40 pedal. Or two $20 pedals.
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

Quote from: RacerX on October 18, 2011, 02:04:40 PM
QuoteInsert Quote

*Unless you're flipping it for another $40 pedal. Or two $20 pedals.

or trading it for a gram of coke...then yeah ....sure....

VOLVO)))

Chovie D wants to trade me his unused POG2 for my used original POG.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

My bandmate mentioned she may be picking up the Verellen Big Spider this week.

^^for some reason this has a two minute intro - skip ahead to hear what it sounds like with a guitar.

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Chovie D

sounds great!
really bad clips tho...

Hemisaurus

It cracks me up that people try and audition gear on YouTube

Mmm, this 4" Altec Lansing sounds just like my 4x12 ;D

QuoteOf course it sounds realistic, I've got a sub

Discö Rice

Quote from: Chovie D on October 18, 2011, 05:17:04 PM
sounds great!
really bad clips tho...

Eh.. That's what was out there.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Chovie D

Quote from: Discö Rice on October 18, 2011, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: Chovie D on October 18, 2011, 05:17:04 PM
sounds great!
really bad clips tho...

Eh.. That's what was out there.

yeah , just a lil dark and meandering..but the tones sound really good. I wish that guy all the success in the world.

Im skeptical of listenng to anything thru compu speakers too Hemi.
Its kind of amazing tho how sometimes you can get a pretty good idea of the sound of an effect from a vid.

Lumpy

The Big Spider sounds pretty awesome, especially the mid boost. Sounds thick.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Mike_Sims

Oh yeah, a friend gave me this strange device (because she didn't want it, she had inherited it from someone and apparently has 2 more) Pots inside date to 84.

grimniggzy

Quote from: Mike_Sims on November 08, 2011, 11:23:10 PM
Oh yeah, a friend gave me this strange device (because she didn't want it, she had inherited it from someone and apparently has 2 more) Pots inside date to 84.

OH YEAH! Bigtime score.

grimniggzy

Mine is a black label one from the early 90's and looks like its been through a war. Both sides are completely brown with no paint left (it was this way when I got it.) But its the best dirt pedal I've ever owned. Now yours on the other hand looks great and is even older. Thats a damn good friend you got there.

Chovie D

white label rat...thats no fuzz, but it IS an awesome distortion pedal.
Very nice with the box and papers and everything...just sweet. grats.

justinhedrick

the rat isn't a fuzz pedal, but if you stack 2 of them together it CAN get pretty fuzzy.

i can't wait to get my big muff back from hemi . . . that is if i ever send it out!!!

Chovie D

I have the black label verison of that pedal. lm308 chip. Its such a great pedal. The white label version is highly collectible.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on November 09, 2011, 11:52:52 AM
I have the black label verison of that pedal. lm308 chip. Its such a great pedal. The white label version is highly collectible.

i have the "vintage rat" lm308. i like it a lot. i also have the newer one with the non-308 in it. i like that one too.

VOLVO)))

Sims, get me one. I'll pay you/chovie d will blow you for oen.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

BrianDamage

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 09, 2011, 02:09:03 PM
Sims, get me one. I'll blow you for one.

FIXED

I will apologize in advance for any offense taken by this. But I really just couldn't resist.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Mike_Sims

HAhA. you guys crack me up. Though the blowjob offer sounds great, I'm pretty picky about Bj's. Shit, I was thinking of selling the RAT I have. Shoot me an offer?