The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Submarine

Quote from: RAGER on January 09, 2024, 11:14:20 AMIt was written by Gershon Eliezer Weinrib

I got the audio book and Geddy narrates: he is really funny.  The stories are great, especially about Hawkwind.

RAGER

I'm still reading it so I don't know if the story is in there but I've of my favorites is Alex as The Bag and how Ace loved the bag but Gene and Paul didn't.
No Focus Pocus

everdrone

Thanks y'all

My Ozzy gig is this Saturday

I think I sound good and that it will go well cheers

Great material and the band is very solid

everdrone

Muffin Man

enjoy your set. congrats on the gig

everdrone

awesome thanks the fans were great and my bandmates thought I did a great job last night!  my prior tributes were Billy Idol and Axl Rose GNR and I put a lot of work into my Ozzy.  We only do the Ozzy Black Sabbath tunes.

no videos from last night but here is my old videos tribute bands

Muffin Man

James1214

Work continues on the barn, this time on the non-amp/music side of things. Skinned the door in some luan. Did some taping, mudding, texturing, priming and painting. Also skinned the tool wall with plywood and added french cleats, made a few holders/organizers. Now to tape, mud, paint the wall with the music gear will live. Really shooting to have the building infrastructure done by the end of the weekend so I can begin building shop infrastructure like my workbench, also I can move my big shop tools in from the container in the yard (the better half is tired of it, and so am I)

words

everdrone

Pissy

I like a wall lined with french cleats.  
Vinyls.   deal.

James1214

Me too, Pissy, Me too....

Last coat of paint went up. When the shit gets somewhat organized I can hang the PA, run all the speaker cable, my snake, audio interface in (running digital for audio stuff until I can fix my stereo 1/4" reel to reel, then that'll be my main recording method)..... Can't wait to get the fun shit started in here.
words

Pissy

Asheville Guitar Show was yesterday.  I met Lordfinesse who came up from Charlotte.   

Lots of high priced guitars, and a large percentage of them were acoustics.  

I picked up a strap, a hard to find in the wild bridge for this Washburn 35 that I'm working on-and it fits perfectly- and a cheaper (Cadine?) reverb pedal.  

I should be able to get that Washburn restrung this morning, or I might go through the trouble of leveling/crowning/polishing the frets.  I'm probably going to do that at some point anyways, might as well do it now.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

So you didn't hold out for the DG-335?  Lol. Jesus!  Is that guy gonna ever go away? 
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

best logo in the business.
AxSxSxHxOxLxEx

Pissy

Quote from: RAGER on March 10, 2024, 04:11:16 PMSo you didn't hold out for the DG-335?  Lol. Jesus!  Is that guy gonna ever go away? 
No. I saw an original Trini Lopez though.  It was $14k.   

I have a couple vintage guitars.  A 1977 SG Standard, a 1975 Jazz Bass.  The SG has a headstock repair done long before I got it in 1997 or so.  The Jazz Bass has almost all aftermarket hardware and the paint was removed from the body.    I never think of them as items that anyone would give me any real money for.  And I'm sure that's accurate, but if any of those dealers were to flip them giving me say, $600 for either, they would not hesitate to put $1800 on either one.  
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

if anyone out there in a band that wants a show in rochester ny, i can point you in the direction of a dude that is the promoter for a new venue opening. its going to be pretty diy/underground but super awesome. i can comfirm the venue is an old church. should be pretty wild.