The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfield

I certainly don't give a shit what those morons think of my rig  ;D
I've played through those little Markbass units and they sound fine to me.

By the way, the cabinet is this (i think? could just be some bullshit with the Acoustic logo slapped on for all I know):
https://www.talkbass.com/threads/acoustic-6x10-cabinet-help-i-cant-find-specs.1271981/

Lumpy

Quote from: renfield on October 11, 2019, 05:44:32 PM
I got the poweramp because it was practically free on craigs, and I have an amphead (Ampeg SS-140c) whose built in poweramp has issues.

I've been borrowing our singers Fender Rumble for gigs, but he's not in the band anymore, so I need some sort of replacement. It certainly doesn't have to be a preamp. I guess I have the idea that I can get more power per $ if I combine something with the poweramp.

It's hard to beat free wattage :)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

No idea on those cabs. I think the Acoustic is a modern one (made in China) if that means anything. Do you need a cab too? Does it need to be easy to move?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/msg/d/hacienda-heights-4x10-bass-cab-avatar/6994728631.html

More speakers is more better...

No idea (except turn that tweeter down):
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/msg/d/signal-hill-gk-galien-krueger-bass-cab/6995062459.html

renfield

I'm scared about blowing out the speakers on my cabinet because I'm pretty sure they're guitar speakers. I also dislike how big it is and want something smaller. Every time I plug into 15s I am pleased by their sound

RAGER

I finally replaced the pickup in my Les Paul. I like what's in it already but thought I'd try something different.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

nice rig. what year is your lp?

RAGER

It's a 60's vintage spec. Can't remember the year. It's got an ugly neck repair but it's a full on player. I sold the 78. 12 pounds is too much.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Gonna put the Les pickup in this Yamaha

No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

I've been thinking about getting one of these as a lightweight, more portable amp for jamming.

RacerX

Probably staying home for 2 weeks—so what better time to disassemble, cull from, add to, clean up and reassemble my pedalboard?

Ordering new patch cables today, a new Son of Pharaoh is on its way, and I'll be pulling my Fulltone Fat Boost to make room.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

I could probably use to rewire my studio. But alas I still have to go to a job.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

I still have to work (from home), but likely won't be getting out much, so might as well do this. Got the new flat patch cables from Ernie Ball on the way—should save a bit of space on the board.
Livin' The Life.

renfield

band name: Bridget Jones's Diarrhea

RacerX

^
Woh. And I thought Turgid Sturgeon (an old project of mine) sounded stinky!

The new Pharaoh Jr. and patch cords arrived today—can't wait to try out my new fuzzbox!

EDIT: Fuck, this is a burly farking fuzz!
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Is it the same as the reg one just smaller. I bought one (regular size white) from the dude direct when he used to post here.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Yep, same hand-wired components in a smaller housing w/ smaller knobs.
Livin' The Life.

RacerX

Well, that didn't take too long—about an hour to do the pedalboard.

Those pedals were filthy dirty, though...
Livin' The Life.

Pissy

Did you make a false bottom for the pedalboard and route the wiring underneath?  Screw the boxes to the false bottom?  Once completed, it all gets a clean refined look.  Like a Pro-job.

Just a suggestion if you want more to do to keep you occupied. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RacerX

Thanks, Pissy, but I didn't. I've already moved on and have been furiously inventing new riffs & writing lyrics—two completed songs so far!
Livin' The Life.

renfield

I still haven't created the cutout to secure my pedalboard in the suitcase I built it to match with. Maybe when my covid check comes I'll get the necessary materials

RAGER

Been jamming with my SDRUM and the MXR Clone looper. Might post a clip later I don't know.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: renfield on March 25, 2020, 11:50:03 AM
I still haven't created the cutout to secure my pedalboard in the suitcase I built it to match with. Maybe when my covid check comes I'll get the necessary materials

I just use foam padding, bubble wrap etc. it does mess up my knob positions. But that might happen anyway? I put cables in there too...

My pedalboards are just pine that I paint flat black. Velcro sticks just fine. I can't see spending $150 on a pedalboard (and I have a few different ones - bass, guitar, electronics). I spend money on George L cables instead  :P  then I can squeeze more pedals onto the board. I guess they get you one way or another. If I was a touring musician then maybe a professional type of pedalboard and road case would make sense.

Lumpy

They shut down my practice space because of coronavirus. Hundreds of people practice there... no word on whether rent is suspended too ;)

I have a solo project so I could have still used the space and maintained social distance but I guess there's no way to guarantee that, and you literally have to close down spaces to prevent people from gathering, getting too close etc. This is a park kind of near where I live, photo taken last Friday after the mayor recommended people shouldn't gather in groups etc:

Brooklyn's McCarren Park bustles even as state goes 'on pause' over coronavirus

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/ny-mccarren-park-bustling-amidst-coronavirus-20200321-z2bb2estxraj5gwlytgcxnpaeu-story.html

Lumpy

Brought all my small stuff home from the jam space (anything that's not an amp) and now cleaning up and rearranging my home space, something I should have been doing all along anyway.

I have a variety of equipment I want to sell, but that's all on hold now.