Main Menu

How far do you drive

Started by bass sic, August 25, 2012, 05:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bass sic

So which ones of us do you picture workin in a meat plant sporting bandanas?

Demon Lung

Quote from: bass sic on August 27, 2012, 06:48:07 PM
So which ones of us do you picture workin in a meat plant sporting bandanas?
MJS

Pissy

I bike 4 miles or drive 6.

The bike ride goes through the park on the greenway. 12 minutes to drive (live in town work on the outskirts) and 15 minutes to bike it.

Next year we might move as the lease on the building is up and the company doesn't need all the space. Not looking forward to that.
Vinyls.   deal.

dogfood

Being a commercial electrican I get sent to different jobsites every so often.  I too have a company vehicle, a white Toyota Tacoma (small not giant version) with a ladder rack, covered in tool boxes, and a red company logo.  I have two bandanas in the truck.  To work; 10 miles 30 minutes not including stop for ice.  From work; 10 miles 45 minutes.  This project is about as close as they get.  I've road dogged it in Lubbock Texas 6 hours away, I've worked everywhere in the DFW metromess up to an hour drive in the am, and one time when my lease was up I got an apt 5 miles from the a jobsite.  That was the closest I've lived to a project.  I listen to NPR, the local great jazz station, classical, or even the classic rock station sometimes when I'm commuting.  If someone hits me in the company vehicle I get drug tested.  Fucking adulthood.
Problem solving whiskey!

grimniggzy

Jake

poop.

bass sic

I think a kilometer is roughly 3000 of our miles. Silly nonmercans.

ryansummit

its 1000, km=kilomile,duh
you should of paid attention in foreign measurements class

bass sic

Was totally joking. Anyway we never had those foreign measurement classes. They just taught us how to look down on all other countries.

MichaelZodiac

1 mile = 1.6 km.

1 km = 1000 meters.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Baxandall

.8 mile ride

Basically 4.5 blocks from work.  I am truly blessed.