Main Menu

Black Sabbath

Started by Hemisaurus, November 05, 2011, 11:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

There's only 100 posts in the Live Reviews forum, that's pretty sad  :'( 

(You can see the forum stats if you go to the bottom of the page at stonerrocklives.com)

Back at the old board, there was tons of album reviews, because the webmasters were getting free review copies.

It's not that Gen Disc. is so bad, so much as there is very little else to read here, besides Gen Disc.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

core9

Quote from: Lumpy on November 06, 2011, 12:43:32 AM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on November 06, 2011, 12:39:17 AM
Quote from: Lumpy on November 06, 2011, 12:27:18 AM
By far, most of the music I listen to is 'off topic'. What's your excuse?
I'm very bitter and hate everyone ???

That seems like a good guess. ;)

I just counted... half of the 40 threads on page 1 of General Discussion are about music.

Right now, this place is a lot about shooting the shit with your old pals (some real, some virtual). If you want more serious music content, you might try adding some of that serious content yourselves...? Or maybe hang out someplace that's been around longer, if you want more serious content already provided.

Lumpy man, I not shitting on the site at all bro, sorry if it was taken that way.  I know a lot of you guys are friends way back from the original SR.com, I was much more of a lurker in those days.   Been trying to contribute a bit more here and there.   The observation was just that it's a more "serious" room here, which I guess is the whole point to start with....I'm stoned :-[

Hemisaurus

I just counted... half of the 40 threads on page 1 of General Discussion are about music.

Right now, this place is a lot about shooting the shit with your old pals (some real, some virtual). If you want more serious music content, you might try adding some of that serious content yourselves...? Or maybe hang out someplace that's been around longer, if you want more serious content already provided.
That seems serious. What's serious music content? Other peoples opinions? I'm not really worried about what other people are listening to, or going to see.

I wouldn't mind there being a split off 'Tech Room' I'd just hang out in it, less static :)

Can we Sunn, Dave, huh?

Lumpy

Well, what exactly are you complaining about? You want your own private forum, minus the people who annoy you? Good luck with that. Try the ignore function. Since you're a frequent poster here (one of the top 10 posters on this website) it's curious you complain about a place you clearly love to frequent, but then maybe you're a masochist.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

I wasn't complaining, well except about Ozzy's singing. I was just saying I'd welcome a split forum if one was to come about, Mr 2837 Posts, 533 Smites. I'm just way more interested in the technical side of things.

I don't think I've ignored anyone, but since I seem to get you so hot and bothered, perhaps you should ignore me AFTER you've arranged my KickDisk finders fee ;)

Isabellacat

Good points, but half of those threads about music up there don't even have as much post hits as the inane ones where the "popular people" are just kissing eachother's asses. Well, thank gawd most of them don't post here. I have to concur that even tho you say they are into the music ,they really don't seem like it since 90% of their time seems to be devoted to other discussions that have nothing to do with music(ie boring insecure insults slung at me,childish boob threads,etc). Like one of them dissing me cos I stood in line to meet a musical icon or getting put down because I actually have some songs on Youtube. They're not really into the music...their really just more into the scene . Most of them don't even know how to play a guitar.

I actually regret posting a SOUL MUSIC thread there cos seems like no one really cares. Whatever.

Anyways I love all the Sabbath albums with Ozzy,even Technical Ecstasy.

Ayek

Quote from: Hemisaurus on November 06, 2011, 12:17:12 AM
If we split Jam Room, we got to do a 3-way

Will there be an open invite?

Aaaaaanyway, I heard rumour that Ozzy wouldn't let Geezer write any lyrics for this new deal. The only place things can go from there is downhill

VOLVO)))

The Jam Room has always been music related, gear related, tech related. That's what goes on in here. It's the second most frequented forum on here. It's fine the way it is. You all can learn something from Nick/Hemi's circlejerk EE threads.  ;D ;D I know I damn sure do. If you don't care to learn, don't fuckin' read it. Forum splitting is stupid. If you don't like it, take your 5.99 a month to SimpleMachines forums, and start your own forum where you can bitch, uninhibited, until the end of time. Don't like Gen Disc? Don't post in it. Don't like it in here? Don't post here. I'm 100% pleased with this place, as is. People come, ask questions, get answers promptly, and correctly 99% of the time, and problems are solved.

EDIT: Issy, If you're going to complain about how people treat you, please do it up there. Not in here. Thanks, (wo)man.

EDIT EDIT: I'm not trying to be a dick, just bein' real.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

spookstrickland

Quote from: yesca on November 05, 2011, 11:06:23 PM
i  still have faith in what sabbath will do. love iommi's solo album with the multiple guest singers.

I'd like to hear a whole albums worth of that.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 06, 2011, 02:19:01 AM
TIf you don't like it, take your 5.99 a month to SimpleMachines forums, and start your own forum where you can bitch, uninhibited, until the end of time. Don't like Gen Disc? Don't post in it. Don't like it in here? Don't post here. I'm 100% pleased with this place, as is. People come, ask questions, get answers promptly, and correctly 99% of the time, and problems are solved.

Done, it didn't even cost me $5.99 ;D

I will live by myself at http://wheresuranus.createaforum.com which I have set up according to my own world view of how a forum should be organised ;D

I even did the setup on the evere useless iPad!

Ranbat

If Sabbath want to have one last hurrah and tour, fine. Do we really need a new album though? I just think they should leave it alone. If they were gonna go all out an try and really make an album that fit with the old catalog, I'd love to hear it even if it was less than great. But, if it's just gonna sound like the recent Dio albums with Ozzy's overly effected voice, I think we can pass on that.
Meh :/

Isabellacat

The Jam Room has always been music related, gear related, tech related. That's what goes on in here. It's the second most frequented forum on here. It's fine the way it is. You all can learn something from Nick/Hemi's circlejerk EE threads.  ;D ;D I know I damn sure do. If you don't care to learn, don't fuckin' read it. Forum splitting is stupid. If you don't like it, take your 5.99 a month to SimpleMachines forums, and start your own forum where you can bitch, uninhibited, until the end of time. Don't like Gen Disc? Don't post in it. Don't like it in here? Don't post here. I'm 100% pleased with this place, as is. People come, ask questions, get answers promptly, and correctly 99% of the time, and problems are solved.

EDIT: Issy, If you're going to complain about how people treat you, please do it up there. Not in here. Thanks, (wo)man.

EDIT EDIT: I'm not trying to be a dick, just bein' real.

What's with you saying "(wo)man"??? Excuse me but if you want me to listen to you at least respect me,asshole. For the umpteenth time I am not a man.

VOLVO)))

everyone is "man" to me, man. Its how I talk. wont be changing my speech patterns for you. Post all you want, but save your bitter bullshit for Gen disgust. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Isabellacat

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 06, 2011, 01:37:04 PM
everyone is "man" to me, man. Its how I talk. wont be changing my speech patterns for you. Post all you want, but save your bitter bullshit for Gen disgust. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yea but you don't talk that way to any of the other girls on here.

You're a fucking Asshole...and I am not going to listen to you until you treat me with some respect,jerk.

VOLVO)))

I say "man" to Mom, AND strangelight, Noodz, all of 'em. Go and read some of my posts, sometime.

Why is it always drama with you?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

BrianDamage

Sunn.... May I suggest you use your powers of moderation to teach h(im)er some manners?
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

VOLVO)))

Nah, she'll stop. Though, by democratic vote, who wants me to clean up all the non-Sabbath related bullshit in this thread?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

BrianDamage

Damn it!!!!  ;D

The non Sabbath stuff ain't buggin me.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

SpaceTrucker

I say let her go, she is one whom always has music related things to say, and has posted some badass 70's heavy. even though She(hehe) can get her panties in a bunch sometimes. Who doesen't?

RacerX

Quote from: SpaceTrucker on November 06, 2011, 05:09:57 PM
I say let her go, she is one whom always has music related things to say, and has posted some badass 70's heavy. even though She(hehe) can get her panties in a bunch sometimes. Who doesen't?

People who don't wear panties.
Livin' The Life.

Isabellacat

Quote from: BrianDamage on November 06, 2011, 03:56:44 PM
Sunn.... May I suggest you use your powers of moderation to teach her some manners?

I got the message..

but sheesh no wonder y'all don't have girlfriends. Is that how you speak to women in real life? I sure as hell hope not. Briandamage I've never met you before either....what's with you picking on me already? Get a life.

I don't care if that's your figure of speech either...it's very rude.

nonoman

Quote from: Lumpy on November 06, 2011, 12:12:28 AM
Some of the people posting heavily there now are friends in real life, and they use the forum like a chat room.   :P

^This.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Isabellacat

Quote from: nonoman on November 06, 2011, 05:50:05 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on November 06, 2011, 12:12:28 AM
Some of the people posting heavily there now are friends in real life, and they use the forum like a chat room.   :P

^This.

I've met alot of people in person from the old site too,it's just too bad most of them are'nt around anymore. Although I see Clockwork Green and a few others here alot that I've actually met.

The Northern California Bay Area group of posters are'nt the same as the regular group up there.

Metal and Beer

If we went through threads and trimmed all off-topic posts, 60% of the boards' content would be gone.

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

spookstrickland

Quote from: Hemisaurus on November 06, 2011, 07:59:11 AM
TIf you don't like it, take your 5.99 a month to SimpleMachines forums, and start your own forum where you can bitch, uninhibited, until the end of time. Don't like Gen Disc? Don't post in it. Don't like it in here? Don't post here. I'm 100% pleased with this place, as is. People come, ask questions, get answers promptly, and correctly 99% of the time, and problems are solved.

Done, it didn't even cost me $5.99 ;D

I will live by myself at http://wheresuranus.createaforum.com which I have set up according to my own world view of how a forum should be organised ;D

I even did the setup on the evere useless iPad!

Good Idea Hemi, I just registered.

Cheers!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org