The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfood

JEZUZ CRIIST ON CRUTCHES! Have I been the "Working Man".  I planned my move like a corporate assassin (my spirt guide was MJS), then the weather was so shitty in Cleveland that my planned job was delay for 4 weeks (hello bills), so I shat resumes like something that shits a shit ton of resumes online, then I got a teaching job teaching being an electrician at the very same time my original job (being an electrician) went go stylee, and now I have two, count them stoner, two jobs.  I will pay off bills and other responsible adult crap then buy a bass for my GF's daughter.  She played flute in school, yeah I know, and has the itch.  I can't help it, I want to get her "hooked".  Sue me.
Problem solving whiskey!

fallen

Speaking of guitars with pickups behind the bridge this evil genius has been building a guitar with tuned strings past the bridge:

RacerX

Good God, that's incredible!

I want one.
Livin' The Life.

RacerX

Y'know, I wonder whether an acoustic with extra-burly bracing & neck could be built in that manner—for my uses, that would be even better!
Livin' The Life.

everdrone

I wish he had a big fro and some funky beatles type outfit for that demo

VOLVO)))

Why the fuck do you people use svts and 810s?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

I just bought a rack effects unit that is sooo bad ass.  Can't wait till it gets here.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 18, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

Because they sound like The Voice of God
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

Might as well rename them "full volvo"

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

I dunno, this is my first night with it. We'll find out in half an hour.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

everdrone

what r u driving?  a volvo suv?

VOLVO)))

V70 wagon.

Unimpressed by the 810 and the SVT-CL.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

everdrone

wow, thats like industry standard

after ability to cart around huge cabs, glad you are all about safety first with that volvo :)

VOLVO)))

Nothing safe about how i drive it... It's fast as hell for no damn good reason.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

xayk

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 18, 2014, 08:18:28 PM
Might as well rename them "full volvo"

You can fit an arcade game into a 245. Just saying.

Danny G

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 18, 2014, 07:47:40 PMWhy the fuck do you people use svts and 810s?

Because hearing it with your ears isn't the same as feeling it in your bones.

That, and I've never gotten a likeable sound using an SVT-CL tho they sound great when others use them. Weird.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

xayk

Saw Sea of Bones tonite, they absolutely crushed.  Talked a wee bit with Tom about his guitar tone and his own Mammoth cabs. He was heavy (and rill, rill loud) without sounding muddy at all, running an Egnator head and an Orange (Thunderverb?) each into a 4x12 + 2x15, I think. He said he's using Electro Harmonix-branded V30 clones in his 4x12's and Eminence Delta's for 2x15's.

The provided backline cabs were Dictator. When pressed he said he would've been happy to use them but was paranoid after spending so much time crafting his tone. Anyway. There's the field report.

everdrone

orange thunderverb 50 rulez!  I love mine for my brand of sludge tunage

Andrew Blakk

I've always wanted an Orange amp. But I don't really like the sound though. Not bad sounding at all.

But still they just look so awesome!

I'll probably end up with one of those...

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Danny G on July 19, 2014, 10:43:21 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on July 18, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

Because hearing it with your ears isn't the same as feeling it in your bones.

That, and I've never gotten a likeable sound using an SVT-CL tho they sound great when others use them. Weird.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk

The CL felt very dead to me. Heavy, but not hot enough...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

everdrone

Quote from: Andrew Blakk on July 20, 2014, 08:28:32 AM
I've always wanted an Orange amp. But I don't really like the sound though. Not bad sounding at all.

But still they just look so awesome!

I'll probably end up with one of those...

lol no reason to get an amp that you dont like the sound of, unless it is super cheap backup

I may get a backup orange micro terror one day

liquidsmoke

Tracking guitars for our ep at my place. Battling static, hum, and my sloppy playing. Putting in 2-4 hours a day. Got a pretty good recorded tone after a ton of experimentation. Using 2 dynamic mics(SM57 and AKG something or other) about 10 inches from the bottom speaker in one of my cabs with a combination approach of less distortion and a little space to reduce the saturation but still get a full sound. Doing vocals and bass next.