The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

damn jem, that was pretty freakin awesome. not sure how I over looked these guys..

agent of change

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

mortlock

hah..avoided possible death and certain equipment destruction at a gig last night. HMco played the lair, a basement/house venue in buffalo ny, right after our set, just after we moved our gear and just before the next band started to set up the plumbing let loose overhead and flooded out right where the bands play. 10 mins earlier and we would have been just finishing our set..and would have been rained on. I don't know if I avoided possible electrocution but..satan was looking out for us. we literally brought the house down.

agent of change

Now that's fucking rock and roll dude.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

JemDooM

DooM!

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

AgentofOblivion

That looks like the shittiest shit hole in the world.  Where you find murders and homeless people.  Is that what basement shows are like?

everdrone

Quote from: mortlock on June 21, 2014, 02:37:42 PMwe literally brought the house down.

I am not suprised, an old house would shake a lot with the FULL STACKS and stuff yall prolly played through ;)

Danny G

Hope the audience flooded y'all with compliments and was gushing about your band and music.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

liquidsmoke

Most of the bass players at Days of the Doom were using rack Ampegs and they sounded really good. Just saying.

RAGER

Were they mic'd up or line in or both?
No Focus Pocus

liquidsmoke

I think they were all line in to the PA. I like the Ampeg sound a lot, even SS/hybrid and think it's great for metal and heavy rock of various sorts.

liquidsmoke

Responded too late for a good price on a Craigslist Avatar 4x10 bass cab. Hopefully the other dude will flake and I can snag it. 1,400 watts RMS.

Danny G

I've never personally been pleased with SS Ampeg rack mounts when I've used them, but I've heard others use them and sound great. Must be a flaw in my technique hahaha

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

jibberish

giant thread pitch lag screws and BAW's anymore here. anyone want a set of shallers?  gold ones. 

mortay, that soggy venue was rock n roll

HOWEVER

HAD y'all been playing when the shit went down, that would have been totally metal

we could call you the anti-whitesnake venom band

RAGER

I've got to exercise the 100 watters this weekend.  Hopefully I still know how to play guitar.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

I exercised that Blue last night.

Mega meh.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

Returned that G400 and looked at a brand new black Special they had. Cheap guitar but they look sexy and because the neck is set farther into the body and thinner they aren't neck heavy. If Craigs has one for sale cheap I might pick it up for a standard E axe.

mutantcolors

Grolsch pop top gasket on the strap button after your strap = done. Plus beers.

liquidsmoke

Anyone else sometimes spend hours writing a lead on guitar? I plan them out and then play them exactly the same every time in my current band.

VOLVO)))

I bullshit them on recordings, and on stage.

Maybe similar phrasing?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

I actually like doing it that way, it's fun to tweedle over your own song til you hit some magic.

RAGER

Play the same thing twice?  Shit, I never play the same thing once.
No Focus Pocus