The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

just got back from the Wolfmother show tonight and reporting in here; they may not be the most heaviest band in the world but I thought they sounded great!  Guitarist is playing through two Vox combos; so not the ultimate full stack or anything but I don't think anyone cared.  Bassist's Ampeg 810s backline had the bass distortion that only tube amps get.

MichaelZodiac

Quote from: liquidsmoke on May 10, 2014, 05:01:03 PM
Has she ever played in a band with a drummer?
Quote from: RAGER on May 10, 2014, 03:40:12 PM
Was she constantly asking you guys to turn down?

Yes, she plays in this band.

And no, she didn't ask us to turn it down because she was a bit uncomfortable and we're just 2 dudes jamming it out hard. One of the reasons I want her in the band is that she has some more experience playing synth than the previous dude. Hell, she has experience, he didn't. So now we have to pay more attention to arranging the jams which is good. She's still into it she said last night but will bring earplugs next time.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

everdrone

I dunno how big of rooms yall are playing your full stacks in, but in a three piece treated jam room at the rehearsal studio today,

and I can tell you that my Orange 212PPC closed back cab's bass chugging response and Black Arts Pharaoh sludge was so sludgy and pummeling it creates hurt in your body if you turn it past like 6 in volume!  its hard to see a need for any more bass in that room really

RAGER

Greetings from the synth lab

No Focus Pocus

everdrone

for my blog entry today, I saw Wolfmother this weekend which rocked!  then I rented a studio rehearsal room for one hour to turn up extreme volumes on my Orange Thunderverb rig which is very bulky cause of the 212 closed back Orange cab that I plan to downsize in a year.

then I posted my ad on Craigslist:

http://austin.craigslist.org/muc/4465800388.html

I play GUITAR. Need DRUMMER, VOCALIST, and BASSIST. If you are a guitarist that wants to play bass in need of a rig, I can bring a bass rig to the studio. I am experienced, skilled, versatile, good heavy rock downtuned rig, transportation, age mid thirties, no kids, 9-6P career. Rental rehearsal studio not too far from me that I jam at is Waveform Austin at $13/hr. Eventually rehearsal once a week; the goal is to gig in Austin; these gigs typically are unpaid. Here are my solo-project demos of various (((HEAVY))) genres, and my bio/photos/video:

https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance
http://www.soundclick.com/earthalliance

EMAIL BACK WITH YOUR MUSIC AND INFO: at least a youtube cameraphone video or recording&photo of yourself and/or bandmates, and your situation regarding pro-gear/transportation/rehearsal location/contacts. No beginner musicians, no flakes. If you commit to a future rehearsal, jam or gig, then be there or be square. Due to my profession I cannot be around any illegal activity including marijuana, due to the risk of constructive possession of marijuana in a car or room (factors listed: Dixon v. State, 918 S.W.2d 678). I am not joking; I am not a narc either; I am just looking for cool and understanding folks that are willing to work with my situation.
**********************Thanks for reading/listening, and keep rockin! \m/ Peace ***************
Tags: Psychedelic, drone, fuzz, grunge, heavy metal, downtune, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Doors, Kyuss, blues based rock, nu-metal, modern rock, hard rock, desert stoner rock, groove rock, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

RacerX

Quote from: everdrone on May 13, 2014, 01:27:38 PM
for my blog entry today, I saw Wolfmother this weekend which rocked!  then I rented a studio rehearsal room for one hour to turn up extreme volumes on my Orange Thunderverb rig which is very bulky cause of the 212 closed back Orange cab that I plan to downsize in a year.

then I posted my ad on Craigslist:

http://austin.craigslist.org/muc/4465800388.html

I play GUITAR. Need DRUMMER, VOCALIST, and BASSIST. If you are a guitarist that wants to play bass in need of a rig, I can bring a bass rig to the studio. I am experienced, skilled, versatile, good heavy rock downtuned rig, transportation, age mid thirties, no kids, 9-6P career. Rental rehearsal studio not too far from me that I jam at is Waveform Austin at $13/hr. Eventually rehearsal once a week; the goal is to gig in Austin; these gigs typically are unpaid. Here are my solo-project demos of various (((HEAVY))) genres, and my bio/photos/video:

https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance
http://www.soundclick.com/earthalliance

EMAIL BACK WITH YOUR MUSIC AND INFO: at least a youtube cameraphone video or recording&photo of yourself and/or bandmates, and your situation regarding pro-gear/transportation/rehearsal location/contacts. No beginner musicians, no flakes. If you commit to a future rehearsal, jam or gig, then be there or be square. Due to my profession I cannot be around any illegal activity including marijuana, due to the risk of constructive possession of marijuana in a car or room (factors listed: Dixon v. State, 918 S.W.2d 678). I am not joking; I am not a narc either; I am just looking for cool and understanding folks that are willing to work with my situation.
**********************Thanks for reading/listening, and keep rockin! \m/ Peace ***************
Tags: Psychedelic, drone, fuzz, grunge, heavy metal, downtune, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Doors, Kyuss, blues based rock, nu-metal, modern rock, hard rock, desert stoner rock, groove rock, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Be careful, that ad could constitute entrapment if you end up making an arrest.
Livin' The Life.

everdrone

trust me, not many responses for this genre of music unfortunately :(

lots of government employees and truckdrivers etc that cant endanger their careers etc

Jake

Don't forget the umlaut in nü metal. It's what gives the "u" the Ooooo sound. Unless you meant "nuh" metal, which I've never heard of but is probably much better.
poop.

everdrone

everdrone

cant wait to get my sleeveless vest with band patches!!!

then I will post a pic of myself wearing it in my craigslist ad! 

I just got contacts, so you dont need to worry about my emo ironic thick rim glasses clashing with my trucker lookz

Metal and Beer

I'm pretty sure Buddy Holly emo-thick Instabilly glasses don't clash with merch metal Kreator vests, especially in Awesomstin TX  ;D
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

dogfood

I think if alterna-ironic fash and Gwar had a child this is how I would accessorize.   ;D
Problem solving whiskey!

VOLVO)))

This one time I had a weezer patch on a vest with a Kreator patch on it.

Weezer had impeccable taste in gear... just sayin'.

So did HUM.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Great taste in gear.

OrMats, OR120s, Plexis, Hiwatts...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

everdrone

lol at child of Gwar!!! 

somehow for me its gonna turn out looking like pieces of "flare" like in the movie "Office Space"

Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Joanna: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.
[flips off Stan]

agent of change

Well, fuck Ableton. That shit made me want to punch somebody. Just make the shit so there's no latency, don't make me go through tutorials and half a dozen yoga positions to discover that there will be a delay no matter what. Sheeesh. Here's to my second drink of the afternoon, a packed bowl, and nostalgia for when I had a home studio with ProTools that worked just fine on its own.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

khoomeizhi

totally with you, and i'll smoke to that, bud.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RAGER

Maybe I'm subconsciously avoiding software because of things like this.
No Focus Pocus

dogfood

3 days until the big move back to Ohio.  I'm using all my vacation pay while I'm fixing up the old house.  Saying my good byes to all my local friends.  Going to the neighborhood watering hole every night.  When I get to Ohio the new job starts right up.  No time to unpack.  I need to plug the guitar in as I haven't been able to in quite a while.
Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

hey dogfood,  what kind of music do you like to play?

ps, you are now a "mighty mighty mustang" your colors are green and white. the school song is "on Wisconsin"<-don't ask me, I didn't choose it, but that song is cool.

the enemy are the brunstucky blue dildos devils. this would be south of the medina-Dixon line, which around here is known as boston road haha.

jibberish

Quote from: agent of change on May 14, 2014, 05:17:52 PM
Well, fuck Ableton. That shit made me want to punch somebody. Just make the shit so there's no latency, don't make me go through tutorials and half a dozen yoga positions to discover that there will be a delay no matter what. Sheeesh. Here's to my second drink of the afternoon, a packed bowl, and nostalgia for when I had a home studio with ProTools that worked just fine on its own.
ok fuck ableton, i'll smoke a bowl too

/solidarity

dogfood

I'm a natural born riff rocker.  However, these days I've been writing more Boris-esque, longer format shit.  I had a song up here one time and it got 0 hits from youse guys, where is the love I ask you.  :'(
Problem solving whiskey!

mutantcolors

I had a great experience doing a whole album of drums with Ableton.

jibberish

Quote from: mutantcolors on May 14, 2014, 10:54:20 PM
I had a great experience doing a whole album of drums with Ableton.
ok ableton rules. i'll smoke a bowl to that

/stonedarity