The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Quote from: jibberish on April 06, 2014, 07:19:58 AM
^haha. I got a laugh out of it. you should have left it. automatic pass for slobberknocker faceroll typing.

if I was bigshot millionaire I would buy this for racer x. I think he would put it to some cool use at some high elevation.
liquid, repeat after me "SCROLL!"

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/4384984375.html

Sweet! I'll sell my car and pick that up, if my car is worth anything.

Omlet

Quote from: justJon on April 06, 2014, 06:45:57 PM
"Dirty, primitive sound walls." I like that. That may be the best description I've ever heard of what I/we are trying to do here. I'll steal that, if you don't mind!
Feel free to use it whenever you want :D

MichaelZodiac

I play bass and like (modded) guitar fuzzes more, go figure ;)

So I hear today from a friend that our synth guy quit his job 2 weeks ago and we haven't heard from him in a while. He was still keen on playing with us but was busy with his job so we -drummer and I- hashed out the songs and he would let us know when he was able to join us again so now I feel bummed that he didn't let us know he was ready to rehearse again.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

moose23

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on April 07, 2014, 06:59:10 AM

So I hear today from a friend that our synth guy quit his job 2 weeks ago and we haven't heard from him in a while. He was still keen on playing with us but was busy with his job so we -drummer and I- hashed out the songs and he would let us know when he was able to join us again so now I feel bummed that he didn't let us know he was ready to rehearse again.
[/quote

Aren't all bass fuzzes modded guitar fuzzes?

That's shit about the synth player.

AgentofOblivion

Here's the finished segment for the radio interview/spotlight thingy.  He did a good job of editing I think.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/rowsdowerband/kdhx-local-artist-spotlight[/soundcloud]

RAGER

Jammed with that guy on Sunday.  No immediate sparks but not totally terrible either.  I'll give another couple go's and if nothing happens then I'll cut it off.  Or maybe he will before that :D
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on April 08, 2014, 12:08:49 PM
Here's the finished segment for the radio interview/spotlight thingy.  He did a good job of editing I think.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/rowsdowerband/kdhx-local-artist-spotlight[/soundcloud]

Yeah, it came out well. I've also been enjoying Rowsdower's music—good stuff!
Livin' The Life.

MichaelZodiac

Quote from: moose23 on April 08, 2014, 05:38:44 AM
Quote from: MichaelZodiac on April 07, 2014, 06:59:10 AM

Aren't all bass fuzzes modded guitar fuzzes?

That's shit about the synth player.
Yeah, you're probably right about the fuzzes and it's not like my DOD250 & Superfuzz are lacking in bass. I invited the synth guy for our next rehearsal (just very casually), he's coming so we'll see on thursday wether or not he stays or goes.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Omlet

Okay, I've found one guy who wants to play some primitive stoner doom and probably he knows a bassist. As we played together for about one hour today (with one shitty amp lol) and we know each other for about three days, well, we'll see.

everdrone

I am not the most tech-savvy dude in the world but I spent tonight doing a selfie of 8 cover songs and uploading to youtube, trying to land a spot (and land an audition ;) ) in a rock cover band:

(1) Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing (2) Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (3) Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (4) AC/DC - you Shook Me All Night (5) Bon Jovi - you Give Love a Bad Name (6) Cheap Trick - Surrender (7) Alice in Chains - Man in a Box (8) Collective Soul - Heavy

Danny G

Drums are done for Ocean of Stars 4-song demo.

My guy Ric nailed it all in 2.5 hours and getting it done by the second take, if it needed it.

Gonna be real interesting hearing the same songs recorded on the same gear with similar recording techniques but played by other people this time \m/,

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

mutantcolors

No dis, just curious, why mic the ported kick away from the port? Never seen that before.

Danny G

Cause the D112 would barely fit in the small hole (insert joke there) and after several minutes dicking with it and trying diff mics, that's the only way of micing it where it didn't sound like a bouncing basketball.

Weird.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

jibberish

Quote from: Lumpy on April 06, 2014, 08:34:55 PM
Everybody's into different stuff here, some of you guys like chugga chugga metal, other people like long sustained doom, etc. Those people need different fuzzes IMO.

THAT's why there needs to be a "Mausoleum" which is a "Sarcophagus" plus that 3rd fuzz mr pharaoh makes, all in one. see. i'm ahead of the curve. heh.

and don't worry dogfood, for any permanent changes to the electric box and wires, I will follow code.  I don't move fast, but I sling an assload of ideas around along the way.  try do do all my failing on paper.  actually you may be able to help me out just by the fact that you are an electrician. i'll explain after you get up here.
ps, don't try the cops in Strongsville. they are just looking for someone to fuck with. they are a rich department in a city full of PC hotshots that people like sarah palin made sure she came to visit.

so I will string a couple extension cords to emulate the final power runs and just not fire everything up all at once. then I can fix the really warped trim beams and call it a wrap.  Then I will take some pics and maybe make a tele video to celebrate omlet's new baby. heh. why not. there are so many fun pile-on music things that could be done.

the video thread I want to see is the one where everyone has to play a keyboard or a violin. and those chumlies that can play both have to play something on a banjo or worst of all .... a flute

edit: dammit , I was soooo stoked to hear rebel yell, then tell you I like his whole backing band.

RacerX

My life may not be perfect, but at least my cats pretty much ignore my guitar playing...

Livin' The Life.

everdrone

at 1:30 thats awesome when the cat is gnawing on your picking hand!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D         >:(!

liquidsmoke

Dude is still shredding like nothing while his cat bites his picking hand. Unbelievable.

Omlet

For several days I'm considering exchanging my Skervesen Vaptor for the 4001... Fortunately I'm not still sure if the guy wants to trade it!

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

khoomeizhi

we pulled off a pretty awesome show on tuesday at a little place in a nearby town, pop. 900. the spot is kind of a warehouse, being turned into a microbrewery (but not open yet), that backs on both a traintrack and the waterfall wall of a dam in the river there. had way more people than we expected, almost 100 paid the (cheap) door, mostly from asheville. $1 cans of pbr and $2 shots of old crow, and the alcohol was gone by the end of the first band. got more. somewhat mixed lineup, everybody got paid, the crowd was super receptive. no noise complaints/police, 'cause the dam and the frequent freight trains. actually had trains go past during two bands, ten feet away. total exciting party vibe. makes me wonder why we don't play out more often, though i mostly know the answer.

credit where credit's due, it was all orchestrated by my wife/guitarist, though i did buy the 216 beers. fun though.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

mutantcolors

Sadly playing out is rarely that great of an event. Those once in a decade occurrences make it worth it though.

Omlet

Damn, still need a drummer :D But probably we've found a bass player.

I hope that we will start jamming together next week.

Lumpy

That sounds like an awesome show.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.