The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

MichaelZodiac

Can someone point me to said demo? It's been a while since I've developed GAS for an amp. (although that Bassman Ten that was for sale here locally came close)
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Danny G

The bass player kicked its ass on Tuesday.

His style and sound are way more prog (I have been looking for more of a meat n potatoes bassist) but holy shit. He's fucking amazing. Trying to keep an open mind as far as lineup tho, thats how i wound up with a sax player instead of a 2nd guitar \m/,

It sounded and felt good, very full. Plus him n the drummer have been playing together for years.

That and the sax player just got a mini mixer to use as a preamp so now his effects are coming thru his amp at a much better level.

Getting together with the bass player again next week.

#stoked

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Jake on June 12, 2013, 10:25:20 AM
Is the old 18" speaker totally shot and not salvageable at all? What exactly happens when the wrong impedance is run into it to break it? Cooked voice coil or something?

Won't be wrong impedance that did it, will be too much power, is the thing that kills cabs. Too much power and not listening to the sound, so not know its being wrong.

liquidsmoke

The Scroll's neck is warped as well as twisted. Warpedneck.com says they can fix it. Saying turn around time is about 1 week.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

Chovie D

24 hour raga festival on wckr right now...holy christ..i mean holy vishnu...get yer drone on.

http://tunein.com/radio/WKCR-FM-899-s30119/

Instant Dan

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on June 13, 2013, 12:59:44 PM
Can someone point me to said demo? It's been a while since I've developed GAS for an amp. (although that Bassman Ten that was for sale here locally came close)

mortlock

whats a near mint 1966 Gibson eb-2 bass with original case worth..

VOLVO)))

Quote from: mortlock on June 14, 2013, 08:50:31 PM
whats a near mint 1966 Gibson eb-2 bass with original case worth..

1600-2000? Maybe a little more...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

I'm thinking about a set of GFS 'Alnico Fat PAT' pups for $60 in chrome which are said to be "sort of like JB with about 2k less winds".

Anyone have an opinion on these or the idea of JBs with less winds? I want crunch but not trash can plugged in. My Invaders will be going on ebay.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Alnico-Fat-Pat-Boutique-Humbucker-Chrome_c_43.html

dogfood

god mother fucking damnit to all hell, the thieves got my distortion pedal and I never noticed.  MXR double shot, it had the elusive Fuzz but Distortion at the same time thing.  Yes, fuzz with palm mutes.  fuck fuck fuck
Problem solving whiskey!

Jake

Soliciting opinions for the finish of my next Warmoth build – the "Jazzbastard."

poop.

Chovie D

out of those i mildly prefer the pewterburst

RacerX

IMO, they'd all look better with rosewood fretboards.
Livin' The Life.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: dogfood on June 17, 2013, 12:39:33 AM
god mother fucking damnit to all hell, the thieves got my distortion pedal and I never noticed.  MXR double shot, it had the elusive Fuzz but Distortion at the same time thing.  Yes, fuzz with palm mutes.  fuck fuck fuck

That sucks man. Never heard of this pedal, I'll have to listen to some clips, sounds cool.

Chovie D

Quote from: RacerX on June 17, 2013, 05:51:05 PM
IMO, they'd all look better with rosewood fretboards.

theyd look better if they were telecasters too but  think he just wants a color choice.

Jake

Gracias. I really don't care for rosewood boards (look or feel). For me, it's maple on a Fender and ebony on Gibby.

Or maybe someday, aluminum.
poop.

Chovie D

Quote from: Jake on June 17, 2013, 07:17:32 PM
Gracias. I really don't care for rosewood boards (look or feel). For me, it's maple on a Fender and ebony on Gibby.

Or maybe someday, aluminum.

i fel the same about the boards. fender just says maple to me.

VOLVO)))

Subdecay f-bomb will do what you want doghomie.

Also, lemme know a budget, and ill find you another MXR.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

I like the transparent orange.

Pissy

Yeah orange.  Only one other guitar I'd WANT in orange...

Vinyls.   deal.

liquidsmoke

From our Milwaukee show. No flash, all the pics are like this and I dig it.

moose23

Quote from: Jake on June 17, 2013, 05:05:33 PM
Soliciting opinions for the finish of my next Warmoth build – the "Jazzbastard."

Goldburst with Pewterburst coming in a close second.