The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

it depends on the original tapes length..he overdubs them onto good pre-existing 8-tracks. the foam has to be good. they sound killer. he cleans up the shell and makes new labels..its a novelty release for sure..but its cool as hell. I don't think hes going to be able to make them forever as the supply of good stock is limited. he knows all sorts of shit about 8 tracks..it appears the Colombia 8 tracks from the 80s hold up the best..

Lumpy

Should the songs be similar length? Any guidelines?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

no on song length..just send him your material and he will make them..you got to talk to him about color shell options and quantity and whatnot..and send your artwork.   that's it..

mortlock

8 track cartridge logo is optional..

liquidsmoke

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 29, 2013, 02:16:43 PM
LS, Play a neckthru BC Rich mockingbird for a while, then you can talk about neck dive. :-D

No thanky.

Rare guitar or not I'm moving that neck strap button. Many guitars are like that stock anyway.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: jibberish on May 30, 2013, 05:20:07 AM
liquid, I think I know where the missing danzig is.
my 5 disk changer, one day just got stupid, and I changed cables to the big changer to keep listening to something. I don't believe I ever pulled the other 4 cd's......

Cool man. I love the Misfits and have had friends into Danzig for a long time so am familiar with some of the John Christ stuff but for whatever reason I never picked up any albums over the years. You need to hear that Waylon '78 show if you like those '70s albums.

Instant Dan

Reading what happened to the original lineup of Danzig was quite sad. John got his fretting hand crushed in an accident and still can't play guitar as well as he used to and Chuck just straight-up quit the biz after having to deal with Mike Ness. :'(

I got a pair of creme Dimarzio Dual Sound's on the way for my Mock. Just need to pick up the push pull pots and some wiring and this baby will be my 'metal' axe.

VOLVO)))

I did the exact opposite to my Mock. took out the neck, and only left a volume knob. Open holes and cavities.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

MichaelZodiac

WANT. Or at least try it some time.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

JemDooM

That's awesome mortlock!!

Thanks for the string advice guys, gonna take it to the tech after iv played my first shows next week, can't risk any more tech guy disasters or a new feel to my guitar at the last minute I couldn't cope! Think the whole nut needs replaced though its all over the place, this problem has also come up ever since I had a couple of frets shaved down so maybe that's it, sunnO))) it's not a wound G no, my wound G does me proud though he he!
DooM!

liquidsmoke

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on June 01, 2013, 04:33:06 AM

WANT. Or at least try it some time.

This thing is part sitar? Awesome!

MichaelZodiac

Electric sitar so normal 6-string with 13 sympathetic strings for resonation. 3 lipstick pickups. Italia does a similar model, probably even same factory since they do that finish on theirs as well. It's not a sitar by any means but it does carry that vibe a bit.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Chovie D

ah yes ..the "coral sitar" from the late 60's. used on alot of philadelphia soul tracks, then on a few rock tracks before they switched to real sitars (beattles, stones)

heres Rory gallagher playing one in the 1980's

The Shocker

Sounds awesome in Rory's hands, but everything did.

liquidsmoke

For you Peavey T60 fans, Greg's Guitar Shop here in Madison, WI has 3 of them in the $400-450 range in good shape. Black, sunburst(or whatever), and tan. The black is quite a bit lighter than the other two. I'd pick it up if I didn't just buy an Epi Scroll.

Omlet

Started a new one-man project. It's fucking impossible to find someone to play stoner/sludge/doom here in Poland so i guess I'll stick with myself for a while.

Already recorded (just) one riff, just to check if my RR-250 is able to handle low tuning properly sound enough dirty. Neck pickup should be good for it.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Omlet on June 01, 2013, 06:00:48 PM
Started a new one-man project. It's fucking impossible to find someone to play stoner/sludge/doom here in Poland so i guess I'll stick with myself for a while.

Already recorded (just) one riff, just to check if my RR-250 is able to handle low tuning properly sound enough dirty. Neck pickup should be good for it.

Cool man. When winter comes back around here I want to get going on 2 solo projects, one '90s Electric Wizardy hyper fuzz doom and the other '60/70s style heavy psych. No real time right now with my main band and outdoor activities and what not.

Omlet

Quote from: liquidsmoke on June 01, 2013, 06:08:26 PM
'90s Electric Wizardy hyper fuzz doom
I used to use Behringer SF-300 copy of FZ-2. One day it just died :-(
I know it sucks but now i use vst plugins to work on my tone. Or just Big Muff + cab simulation.

Jake

I think "FZ-2" would make a great name for an Electric Wizard tribute band.
poop.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Omlet on June 01, 2013, 06:23:16 PM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on June 01, 2013, 06:08:26 PM
'90s Electric Wizardy hyper fuzz doom
I used to use Behringer SF-300 copy of FZ-2. One day it just died :-(
I know it sucks but now i use vst plugins to work on my tone. Or just Big Muff + cab simulation.

That sucks. I also have the Behringer and try to be gentle with it although I don't use it much now. Saw an FZ-2 for sale today for $100. Want it but can't really justify the price at the moment.

If plugins work for you I see nothing wrong with it. Folks are doing amazing recordings in their apartments these days just plugging into a computer.

Quote from: Jake on June 01, 2013, 06:51:38 PM
I think "FZ-2" would make a great name for an Electric Wizard tribute band.

I agree although 99 out of 100 people this rang any sort of bell for would think of Zappa.

liquidsmoke

Thee first act of blasphemy performed against my Epi Scroll is now complete- installing a strap button on the back side of the body on the scroll. This is the way to do it, your strap hugs the chest and shoulder more. The guitar only feels a little bit neck heavy now and there is zero floundering.

Thee second act of blasphemy- Duncan Invader pups. Next week. They are actually a bit too much in my cheapo Epi Paul special at full volume but I think the clarity of the longer scale Scroll will tame them.

neighbor664

Suddenly I think I may need an EH Holy Grail.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EHX-ElectroHarmonix-Nano-Holy-Grail-Reverb-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-PD0597-/321135981859

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr. Foxen

I think I need a bird with big enough norks to balance amps on.

Instant Dan

^Suh-weet

I'm starting to think my best course of action for jamming out in my apartment that has strict noise pollution laws is to just get a new Iphone and pick up amplitude or that Peavey version of Amplitude.

VOLVO)))

Yep.

I was dicking with amp sims last night. They aren't as bad as they were three years ago! I had a cranked up Soldano and a double cut Les Paul with p90s, recording black metal tunes.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.