The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

I have Epiphone SC-350("Scroll", brown) on the brain and it won't get off. That is the mahogany one. If they are lighter than a paul and don't neck dive too bad I may have to get one from the internet sight unseen.

In brown the coolest looking guitar ever, at least in photos.

Those pup rings(or whatever they are called) should be black though.

eyeprod

Black would look weird. You get used to the off white and it's great.
CV - Slender Fungus

liquidsmoke

Quote from: eyeprod on May 14, 2013, 02:06:07 AM
Black would look weird. You get used to the off white and it's great.

With black pups of course. Do you have a Scroll?

eyeprod

no but I have a guitar similar in color and they juts look better with that cream color than black. IMO
CV - Slender Fungus

liquidsmoke

Probably going to pull the trigger on one. Some folks have the strap screw relocated to the scroll so they don't neck dive.

Danny G

Well, after four years I am leaving the Eric Tessmer Band.

Been a hell of a ride and the split was about as amicable as it gets. I love Eric and Rob.  Have a big send off show Friday at the Saxon Pub, that'll be a fuckin blast.

My game plan is to pursue my own music in Ocean if Stars and do other projects to pay the bills. Already had offers of a weekend run in June and a three week run in July before I'd even come to my decision over the weekend.

Being more in control of my own calendar will help in making sure I can dedicate a big slice of time to Ocean of Stars.

The universe threw me a weird week which led my heart to finally tell me it was time to move on. Pushing my sailboat into the water and seeing where the wind and tide carry me.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

eyeprod

cool Danny. Always do what you need to do. Sounds like you had some great times with those guys! Best wishes!

liquidsmoke, get that guitar man, it looks awesome! I just think it looks amazing as it is in the pic you posted.
CV - Slender Fungus

jibberish

the progression of danny g

almost seems like this was the next step for you anyhow, especially with the big efforts you have put forth in creating your own productions.   

non-voting band member->more important band member->run your own band and follow your vector more

liquidsmoke

Quote from: eyeprod on May 15, 2013, 01:39:39 AM
liquidsmoke, get that guitar man, it looks awesome! I just think it looks amazing as it is in the pic you posted.

That was a random pic. This is the one.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Slow

Always wanted a Scroll. Bad.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Danny G

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Danny G

Thanks for the well-wishes. One thing I learned long ago is always follow your heart, even it means risky to downright eccentric career choices.

This year in the Austin Chronicle Music Poll I was voted #5 Bass Player. That was fucking HUGE for me.

2 months later I am leaving the project responsible for that ranking to pursue my guitar playing.

Cause why the fuck not!?!

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk

liquidsmoke

VOLVO)))

Looks like a piece of shit Teisco that Dean would buy
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Playing a show tonight, at a house. Can't decide if I want to use my Jackson Kelly and Dual rec, or my Mockingbird and my Marshall... or a Westone dimension IV and a beta lead...

choices choices...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Bandit

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 16, 2013, 01:18:19 PM
Looks like a piece of shit Teisco that Dean would buy

Yep.

That flip up mute is sexay!

JemDooM

House gigs are awesome! What bands it with?

I dropped my guitar and it must have landed pretty hard because the strings made a deep imprint on two of the frets so the strings get caught in them when I bend! I feel really guilty and pee'd off with myself tbh, got the frets shaved down quick at a local shop but found there's still a slight catch so I'll have to get them shaved down more....
DooM!

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

Won me that Epi SC-350 for $400 on ebay! I suspect it will either be the most awesome guitar ever or I'll hate it. Wish me luck.

Discö Rice

So I meet a dude for drinks tonight, to sort of figure out whether or not we're compatible as band mates. Very soon he was slurring, and I just sort of let him rant drunkenly about music until he was too drunk to continue. He ended up having his girlfriend pick him up in a cab, which was odd. He said he wanted to write music where there was zero challenge for an audience to catch on. I smirked. He seemed to have decent taste in music, which is why I didn't end it there and walk out. He also said weird things like "It really makes sense that you like both Black Flag AND The Jesus Lizard"... And I thought "Yeah. Because I'm rad as fuck, dickhead." I didn't bother asking him what that added up to in his mind.

It occurs to me I might not be the easiest person to get along with.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

I,Galactus

Quote from: liquidsmoke on May 16, 2013, 11:13:49 PM
Won me that Epi SC-350 for $400 on ebay! I suspect it will either be the most awesome guitar ever or I'll hate it. Wish me luck.

Props.  Four hundo's a steal for one of them.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

liquidsmoke

Quote from: I,Galactus on May 17, 2013, 08:44:06 AM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on May 16, 2013, 11:13:49 PM

Props.  Four hundo's a steal for one of them.

Folks don't like the horn or they want the set neck version. It looks like a piano and a cello had an electric baby for Gandalf to shred on. Actually I'm going to name it Radagast the Brown.