The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeprod

thanks, Jib. I'll check that out.
CV - Slender Fungus

mortlock

I want this sooooo effing bad right now. number one on my want list..

Danny G

Still putting Ocean of Stars together amid my full schedule, so crawling along. But that is progress, even tho not nearly as fast as I would like it \m/,

Meeting for coffee with a B3 player early next week. Just, wow. This could be pretty damn awesome.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

dogfood

Danny, where you been man?  You must be busy these days.
Problem solving whiskey!

Danny G

Busy as hell yes, still lurking round these parts when I can \m/,

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

eyeprod

I was interested in the sub phatty, but the minibrute easily won me over at half the price. That and I don't like presets nor any banks on my analog gear. It's wrong.
CV - Slender Fungus

Discö Rice

I can do without presets, but memory banks are super-handy.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

eyeprod

agreed. I guess i just like analog synths because they're like a mad scientists lab in a box. Getting your mind wrapped around what is happening sonically, learning and experimenting. You press a button to get there and it's easy to lose sight of the finer details.
CV - Slender Fungus

jibberish

I really do understand GAS. I have it with synths. I just fucking want every last one of them.  But I, at least, have segregated the mono ones from the poly ones in my really want it list.

STILL that brute would be the shit RUNNING OTHER SOUNDS THRU!! holy crap. the demos where they teamed up with a novation station or w/e were great. the brute is like a super uber filter-arpeggio-pedal.

I have a need for a latching sustain pedal, actually 2. I'm thinking of just making a rig with a stompbox switch that parallels across the momentary contact sustain switch. then I could latch or realtime the sustain.  I'm thinking you could get a lot of modules going all at once. lock a couple long ass pad sweeps in while you sustain manually like whole note bass notes, then play 2 more keyboards normally. I think you could stack up a mountain of layers live.
it could make for good backing to a guitar/vocal piece too.

jibberish

I have been listening to the B3 bnds so much. I cant get enough of deep purple, Uriah heep, etc recently.
listen closely to the early Santana albums. he has a seriously good keyboard player along.
B3 interest may make you pay more attention to keith emerson, a true freak.

and mellotrons yummy. even skynyrd uses mellotron in a song...

Danny G

B3 is thee shit.

With a B3 player I wouldn't need a 2nd guitar player...

moose23

There's a 77 Fender Jazz in the local guitar shop. Damn.

jibberish

if your guy can play "lazy" sign him on the spot haha. 

plus, he can put other synths on top. b3's have a lot of room on top, UNLESS he throws that bitch around a'la emerson.
little things, like a touch of strings, or a single well timed bell tree shimmer etc can all be added via a synth vs having the actual stuff to make the noises.
..and samples, and run your guitar through the mini brute your new b3 dude will also happen to have.. lol

-------------------------------------------

btw, I love my tele. that little neck is so fast and ez2 work. I just have one problem that really has to be solved. the tailpiece has threaded rods for each string and wow do those tear the heel of my hand up.  I was thinking, I never dealt with this before.  my 2 LP style have that big smooth tailpiece and my Ibanez's had the tuners for the locking whammy deal which are smooth and ez2 rest your hand on. the swede came with a nice cover over the tailpiece. I dig that a lot.
string thru schecters have nothing behind the bridge heh.

I wouldnt mind getting that swede cover piece for the tele, but I will shop tele parts first. if I have this problem, so does someone else.

eyeprod

yeah, no shit jib. That minibrute is like a super duper resonant ultra filtered arpeggiator with tremolo and HOLD! Automatic filter sweeps as you play. I used to own an eh microsynth which was similar, but wow this thing just keeps on ruling. I'm running bass through it today. And must try vocals.
CV - Slender Fungus

moose23

Quote from: jibberish on April 28, 2013, 07:24:47 AM
if your guy can play "lazy" sign him on the spot haha. 

plus, he can put other synths on top. b3's have a lot of room on top, UNLESS he throws that bitch around a'la emerson.
little things, like a touch of strings, or a single well timed bell tree shimmer etc can all be added via a synth vs having the actual stuff to make the noises.
..and samples, and run your guitar through the mini brute your new b3 dude will also happen to have.. lol

-------------------------------------------

btw, I love my tele. that little neck is so fast and ez2 work. I just have one problem that really has to be solved. the tailpiece has threaded rods for each string and wow do those tear the heel of my hand up.  I was thinking, I never dealt with this before.  my 2 LP style have that big smooth tailpiece and my Ibanez's had the tuners for the locking whammy deal which are smooth and ez2 rest your hand on. the swede came with a nice cover over the tailpiece. I dig that a lot.
string thru schecters have nothing behind the bridge heh.

I wouldnt mind getting that swede cover piece for the tele, but I will shop tele parts first. if I have this problem, so does someone else.

Ashtray pup cover for your tele?

Jake

You can find shorter saddle screws that will fit your Tele online and even sometimes in those specialty fastener drawers at Home Depot. I had the same problem recently.
poop.

jibberish

Quote from: moose23 on April 28, 2013, 03:12:03 PM

Ashtray pup cover for your tele?

yes please.

that is really sharp looking, but in a smooth, my hand will dig it but it wont dig my hand, sharp way.

I will look around in home depot. I live in there anyway.   hey, the marine aquarium guys just call it HD since everyone is getting PVC plumbing and sealers and epoxy and and and from there for that hobby all the time.

edit: for more fasteners than you ever saw or thought you'd see in your life check out this super supply place called Grainger, and another super supply place called McMaster Carr. these places sell everything for a commercial operation, so after picking out some obscure screws, you can grab a haz mat suit, a thermometer, 5ton cap. tool and die rack and a gas can

Zero

Mixing for the new Low Gravity split is done. Mastering and all that soon.

mortlock

Quote from: eyeprod on April 27, 2013, 07:42:54 PM
I was interested in the sub phatty, but the minibrute easily won me over at half the price. That and I don't like presets nor any banks on my analog gear. It's wrong.
do you like your minibrute?? if its good id go that route myself for the price diff..you save about $500..

liquidsmoke

I think my Epi is probably a lost cause. Either the action is too high or I get too much fret buzz and weak sustain. I don't want to sink any more money into it on setups.

Are those $300 Schecter Omens any good? Gotta be light too, a nerve in my shoulder hates heavy guitars even with a wide padded strap.

jibberish

Quote from: liquidsmoke on May 04, 2013, 08:09:45 PM
I think my Epi is probably a lost cause. Either the action is too high or I get too much fret buzz and weak sustain. I don't want to sink any more money into it on setups.

Are those $300 Schecter Omens any good? Gotta be light too, a nerve in my shoulder hates heavy guitars even with a wide padded strap.

I think the low end string thru schecters are really nice. plain jane ones.
the omen c-1 I have has about the same heft as the hagstrom ultra swede, not the heavy weight of the Damien elite model or a LP. those two guitars weigh a ton. came with Duncan design humbuckers. they are decent vs the low end ibanez pups which really do suck.

edit: did I just let the swede slide off my lap dicking around with 3 guitars? did I just ding the corner of the headstock when it hit the floor?
fuck me. yes I did.

the diddler

Sundays lately have been practice day for both of my bands.   So- start out at noon, take a 1 hr ferry to Seattle, set-up and drink beer while we wait for drummer, play from 2 - 5ish, pack up gear and drive 45 minutes to Tacoma, meet band dudes at bar, eat/drink, go to practice space set up and drink beer while we wait for drummer, play from 7 - 10ish, drive 45 minutes home to Bremerton.  Mondays are typically deaf and sore.  Should be interesting when I go back to work soon

dogfood

Going up to Cleveland to visit the special lady friend this upcoming weekend.  I fly in on May 9 and just who should be playing the Grog Shop???? Why, Boris and Young Widows!  That's what I call a proper welcome to any place you visit.
Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

Imma have to listen to some Breather Resist now.
No Focus Pocus

xayk

Quote from: dogfood on May 05, 2013, 03:42:17 PM
Going up to Cleveland to visit the special lady friend this upcoming weekend.  I fly in on May 9 and just who should be playing the Grog Shop???? Why, Boris and Young Widows!  That's what I call a proper welcome to any place you visit.

Sweet. I was considering driving out for that show. I also tried to convince the little lady to drive out to Chicago Saturday to see them do Flood, but she was... resistant. I'm annoyed, but since I'll be at MDF in two weeks I can't really complain. Enjoy!