The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bass sic

Booze and ebay are a no no for me. I've ended up with way too much stuff that way.

The Bandit

Quote from: bass sic on December 09, 2012, 09:30:39 PM
Booze and ebay are a no no for me. I've ended up with way too much stuff that way.

Truth, but I do it sober too...

I need SunnJake to save me from myself.  Wanting to get a cheap tube amp or that EH sitar pedal...

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Bandit on December 10, 2012, 10:50:10 AM
Quote from: bass sic on December 09, 2012, 09:30:39 PM

Truth, but I do it sober too...

I need SunnJake to save me from myself.  Wanting to get a cheap tube amp or that EH sitar pedal...

No. Stop buying shit, Damn it. I'm just going to start keeping it.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Bandit

Thank you.  Sounds like I should get the Sitar pedal.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Bandit

You don't even keep the pedals I send you to keep...

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Bandit

VOLVO)))

Briefly, it's pretty fun, limited effectiveness though, IMO.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

BrianDamage

Quote from: bass sic on December 09, 2012, 07:37:47 PM
I've decided to not go with a dedicated recording unit like a tascam or something and stick with reaper. I'm even going to finally buy the program instead of just using the trial version. I have a spare computer to dedicate the whole setup on, and my old drummer is going to show me a few tricks to make the reaper easier as I'm a retard with technology. I've been able to lay down a couple rough tracks with guitar and bass, but nothing even remotely professional sounding. Yet.

The trial version of Reaper has all the features activated so there is no difference in how it works if you buy it. Having said that I paid for mine just to support the people that created a great and cheap alternative to pro-tools and such.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Instant Dan

I have a feeling they'll make it out of bankruptcy, then again, Mars Music did not.

If they don't, I expect Best Buy and Wal-Mart to pick up the slack.

The Shocker

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

liquidsmoke

I'm very glad to be temporarily done researching and shopping for gear and I suspect some of you are as well.

mutantcolors

Back in my hands is a sweet vintage cabinet I picked up a few yrs back. Torn between keeping it/selling it. Need the $ to fund getting to Thailand for my last year of school, but it's bad ass and rather irreplaceable and I'd end up buying another anyway...but damn, money.

It has G12-65s from around 1980. The are an eargasm.

RAGER

Quote from: mutantcolors on December 10, 2012, 10:20:22 PM
Back in my hands is a sweet vintage cabinet I picked up a few yrs back. Torn between keeping it/selling it. Need the $ to fund getting to Thailand for my last year of school, but it's bad ass and rather irreplaceable and I'd end up buying another anyway...but damn, money.

It has G12-65s from around 1980. The are an eargasm.
Talk to me.
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

I'm kinda torn, still thinking. Fucking thing is hard to value too. Who has an inch thick solid oak cabinet for comparison? Plus I thought it had different speakers, not that there's anything wrong with the 65s, quite the contrary in fact, but I had all this research done, thinking they were something else. I'll shoot a PM when I figure something out.

RAGER

If memory serves me right is it one them there Legends?
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

Good memorying, sir. Straight 4x12, the wicker is all in tact. Cab could use a sand and redo if you want it to look like a new piece of furniture but it's all in nice condition for being from 1980 (I believe.) edit - yes, production code MN15 dates them to Dec 15, 1980.

I almost got around to hitting it with some sand paper and tung oil one day, but once you go with an oil finish you never go back.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/photo437.jpg/

Alright, enough "for sale thread" stuff for this thread.

Lumpy

You're going to school in Thailand for your last year? Do you go to the University of Awesome? ???

What kind of program is that?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

Quote from: Lumpy on December 11, 2012, 02:08:10 AM
You're going to school in Thailand for your last year? Do you go to the University of Awesome? ???

What kind of program is that?

do you know how to make thai sticks correctly?  and neither do I.  I say proceed with the important education that will then benefit us all. so buy that mack truck cabinet.

btw, this no inline pic thing is sad
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

so music PC will still have reaper and audacity. if I do any construction with wave file chunks or loops, I will still do it on the PC. the usb from the multitrack will be fine for moving things in non-realtime for the most part, and it does have a line out which I will probably just run to the main stereo for playback/monitoring/trcking.  my son is going to hang out with me this coming weekend to strongarm a bunch of crap to help finish this room up already.

RacerX

Eh, thai sticks are easy:

1) Soak semi-cured buds in honey oil

2) Form buds around stick (bamboo) & tie on with hemp thread

3) Allow to fully cure

I say fuck the stick part & just soak big buds in honey oil.
Livin' The Life.

moose23

Quote from: RacerX on December 11, 2012, 09:00:12 AM
Eh, thai sticks are easy:

1) Soak semi-cured buds in honey oil

2) Form buds around stick (bamboo) & tie on with hemp thread

3) Allow to fully cure

I say fuck the stick part & just soak big buds in honey oil.

I thought it was hash oil rather than honey oil. Been so long since I've seen any hash oil. Used to be lovely stuff.