One of the better gear demos...

Started by RAGER, October 27, 2013, 03:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

...I've seen.  In fact it's kind of a movie
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

that is good. I will watch part 2 here shortly. that demo really shows off the ambient/pads side of synths nicely. so when are you buying a pair of those? one for each of us.

it reminds me of a Yamaha motif demo by this guy named bert smorenburg. he is an amazing pitchman. also this motif is THEE shit. he sure as hell sold me on it hahaha
part1:

part 2:

part 3:

RAGER

The dudes channel from my post has a demo of about every synth you can think of.

Here's one of a micro Korg.  This guy rips.

No Focus Pocus

jibberish

so, as of right now, after watching some demos, what is your dream synth ?

(mine is dave smith prophet-12)

RAGER

I've been jonesing for some Dave Smith stuff but also been really interested in some Macbeth stuff too, like the Nexus 1.  Also very interested in going modular.  Also been digging the Boomstar 3003.  All this shit is MONEY though.   :o
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

The boomstar 4075 is pretty rad too.
No Focus Pocus

dogfood

Saw some richard kern in there featuring the whore lydia lunch.   ;D
Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

this demo shows something neat that I had never considered.   korg volca. looks like a piece of shit, heh, but the sequencer is sick.
at around the 10min mark the dude shows how to record knob twirls, which they call "motion" into the sequencer without any notes.

THEN he plays an external keyboard thru the MIDI in and the volca applies the knob twirl sequence to the notes coming in.

like i'm thinking, if you can plan your knob twirling out in advance and it is a repeatable thing that you have to do WHILE trying to play, this could take a load off realtime duties like never before. have a library of knob twirling sequences to call up during a set.

my head almost hurts at the revelation. this kind of stuff, plus tricky ass sustain pedals that i'm trying to design could let a single person make a huge wall of sound.

I also like the idea of losing the keyboard, but still having a touch keyboard for dicking around. that saved a fortune on a useless extra keyboard.

RAGER

Those Volcas are on back order everywhere.  I might pre-order the keys and beats.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

check out the pittsburg stuff.  I am going to have to spend some more time to really understand wtf those modules do...also WMD seems way out there. both are module maker companies and both insane product mixes.

RAGER

Yep.  I've looked at some Pittsburg stuff.

I'm lucky to have this place right close to me.  http://controlvoltage.net/
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

good thing I am not near that place. I would be a major pest and drool on everything...would be a bad scene heh.
parts express is like 2.5 hours from me in the greater xenia ohio wastelands haha.   ..how can we merge those two places . that's where I will move. wherever that place is.

OK, so I see they just got a prophet 12 in. yum.

I was looking around and I do believe guitar center has the the volca series in stock. their website makes no indication of back or pre orders or wait times...fyi, fwiw....
goddamn motion control...I will never be same from here on out.   

maestro, cue the music por favor...

I have gas in the car,
cash in the jar,
GC ain't far,
gonna be a motion control star

(reality: I am holding off until black Friday on everything. it is killing me. I told my son to just stash cash so we can do maximum damage to his music room. it is killing him too.
and watch B&H video..they throw shit away sometimes. beat all other prices by a nice margin.)

RAGER

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on and Access Virus A right now.  I better watch how much I drink.
No Focus Pocus