Main Menu

The Ebow?

Started by spookstrickland, October 04, 2013, 07:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

Who's got one?  what do you like or don't like about it.  they look pretty cool, but I never played one.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

fallen

Get one. I haven't written any songs with one but its great for getting harmonic feedback when recording through modeling or iso cabs or any situation where it's hard to get that perfect singing feedback.

Jor el

Ebow + MoogerFooger = Happy Go Time
What Would Scooby Do ?

lordfinesse

Love the ebow. It's all over the new Watch Husky Burn record.
Billy Squier 24/7

johnny problem

I have one as well.  It's been a while since I've played with it, but it's great for adding texture.  Plays really well with a fuzz+delay+reverb combo.  Phase too.  Actually, now that I think about it, it's really fun.  If you decide to purchase one, I would suggest the Ebow+.

everdrone

Quote from: fallen on October 04, 2013, 08:55:28 PM
Get one. I haven't written any songs with one but its great for getting harmonic feedback when recording through modeling or iso cabs or any situation where it's hard to get that perfect singing feedback.

that is what I would want it for, just cant find any clips on youtube that prompt me to spend $100?  ???

Beta Cloud

been using them for years, really fun and easy enough to get the hang of.
keep in mind, you can't play chords with it, (you can arpeggiate a chord's notes however), and you need humbuckers for it to work... but it is super useful... atleast for me.
have fun-
c
why does it hurt when i pee?

MichaelZodiac

I've seen Wino use one with a Strat though. Sounded pretty good. I think it was with Shrinebuilder?
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

spookstrickland

I'm going to get one I think.

thanks
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Beta Cloud

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on October 05, 2013, 06:49:44 PM
I've seen Wino use one with a Strat though. Sounded pretty good. I think it was with Shrinebuilder?
it will "work" with single coils, but always harsh/nearly uncontrollable. if that's your thing... cool!
when i spent some time with it and learned the nuances/limitations of it and really found the most practical applications for it...
PURE GOLD.
IMO.

I USE IT EXTENSIVELY HERE STARTINT AT ABOUT 4:00-

why does it hurt when i pee?

Andrew Blakk

I used to use it more a couple of years ago. But for me it's quite tricky especially live. But I*ll might give it a try again.  The sound is quite awesome...

RacerX

The elbow is key—it's damned hard to play guitar without two of 'em.

Livin' The Life.

RAGER

That's the Spanish Archer known as "El Bow".

But I also have the Ebow+
No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

Sounds like you can make some amazing sounds with them, I want one!
DooM!

Chovie D

apparently some people can make amazing sounds with them. I'm not really one of those people yet, but admittedly I have put in about less than a minute trying to master the device.
Id try and find a used one...as Im sure people buy these, cant figur out how ot use it, then sell it.

heres some sample sounds from the company:
http://www.ebow.com/soundclips.php?cat=70

MichaelZodiac

Mr. Foxen posted this on the Ampstack page today, pretty cool.

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

JemDooM

DooM!