Main Menu

Last Gig/Next Gig thread

Started by Danny G, August 25, 2013, 09:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny G

A companion to the Last Show/Next Show thread in GD.

Last gig:

played bass with Forever Town (modern rock/metal) last night at Headhunters. My first gig in Austin since mid May. Set went well and was well received. God I have missed my SVT

Next gig:

Playing a Planet Casper matinee this afternoon at the Continental Club.

The legendary Casper Rawls has been doing this residency for 6 years with a rotating cast of name players, a different lineup each week. He asked Rick Hornyak (whom I just toured WI and PA with) to do one and "bring your band."

This will be a huge honor and a blast, and hope it leads to more work as I am not currently playing with anyone full time, and bills don't pay themselves...

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

neighbor664

September 13th, 2009 @ Annie's Social Club (SF)  / Probably never

Pissy

Last: August 14th at The World Famous Milestone Club

Next: Album release show on Sat Nov 16th.
Vinyls.   deal.

MichaelZodiac

Quote from: Pissy on August 25, 2013, 02:36:56 PM
Last: August 14th at The World Famous Milestone Club

Next: Album release show on Sat Nov 16th.
Finally! Can't wait to hear the new record.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Pissy

yep, lacquers on their way to the press.  Artwork is done, we received the reference acetate last week and listened to it.  All coming together for once.  Next we need to get the CDs done, but that should be a 3 week process.  plenty of time for the release show.
Vinyls.   deal.

Chovie D

last: some wacky tiki party
next: memorial service reception

Lumpy

Quote from: Chovie D on August 25, 2013, 03:48:26 PM
last: some wacky tiki party
next: memorial service reception

Memorial service reception for who? :(  Is that with the Hawaiian band?

Last gig: 8/15 - small gig that nobody cares about

Next gig: 9/22 - small gig that nobody cares about
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

hawaiian band, memorial is for some hawaiian lady. I was afraid theyd want sad hawaiian songs (are there any?) but its a regular set of hula tunes and a couple ballads. Im barely able to cope with the new tuning. last gig the singer threw me a solo by surprise/mistake. i had to improvise. It was actually fun to be in danger like that. I survived it.

RAGER

Last show-About a 1 1/2 ago, can't remember with who.

Next show-nothing in the foreseeable future.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: Chovie D on August 26, 2013, 09:18:05 AM
hawaiian band, memorial is for some hawaiian lady. I was afraid theyd want sad hawaiian songs (are there any?) but its a regular set of hula tunes and a couple ballads. Im barely able to cope with the new tuning. last gig the singer threw me a solo by surprise/mistake. i had to improvise. It was actually fun to be in danger like that. I survived it.

Cool!

Trial by fire shot can be great for your self confidence/mojo—if ya can pull it off, that is.

EDIT: For me, last gig was back in October of 2012. The band I had recently joined had basically already fired the singer, but he didn't know that (at least for sure). The rest of 'em made me swear to secrecy. Result:

The vibe sucked, I sucked, everybody else sucked, & the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. *ptooey!*

Next: Somewhere, some time after I pull my head outta my ass? Probably solo acoustic.
Livin' The Life.

khoomeizhi

last show: nearly a year ago; august 30th, 2012.

next show: not yet scheduled.

same band's been together the whole time, playing weekly, writing and 'polishing' shit, planning some recording...we'll get there eventually. five shows in four years, seems like shows aren't something we focus on too much. we've all got a lot of other shit going on too, so there's that.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

eyeprod

Last - a few weeks ago at the alibi in arcata with golden raven
Next - September 14th at the works in eureka with the Trashies and  wet drag.

The new band. My old band is stillttrying to write some more new tunes.
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

You still in those parts?  Thought you moved.
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

Hey man. Yeah I did move back in 11 but came back after 8 months.
CV - Slender Fungus

Andrew Blakk

Last: 2nd of May here in Stockholm (Crowd 15 people... The last band had 5.  ;D)

Next: Not sure... We had plans going to Finland for a festival in september but it sadly didn't work out in the end.