Umm, Moderator's, a question?...

Started by MR. CREEPER, August 16, 2013, 06:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. CREEPER

After much time trying to find musicians in my area, that didn't either want to play covers, or Metalcore/dressup I decided to start recording some of my own newer material. It is very lo-fi, as I am using just what I currently have left for equiptment (M low watt all tube amps, and my guitars-no more big stacks with no band to use them with) and recorded on my Tascam recorder with CD burner, using a drum machine, etc.
I am in no way an engineer or studio genius, but I CONSTANTLY have song ideas coming out, and needed an outlet. Naturally, it's very one-sided, as I am the only musician creating this ( as I wish I had others to bounce ideas off from) but it needed to be done, for some feeling of fruition.
Anyhow, I was wondering who would be best to send this to, as far as you all are concerned. I am not very technical minded when it comes to computers(never have been, kinda old school that way) but I would like to share with fair minded individuals, who would appreciate it for what it is, and who knows...maybe it could lead to some musical connections to work with(if I am lucky enough). Just wondering. If I am way off here, let me know and I'll drop it, or look elsewhere. Cheers.

RacerX

I'm no mod, but...

1) If you don't have a Soundcloud account, make one & start uploading.

2) Then post that shit here: http://riffrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.0

3) Feedback and/or hijinx will ensue.

Livin' The Life.

MR. CREEPER

Alrighty. I'll have to figure out the download to computer then to soundcloud shit, but I'll try. Thanks.

Chovie D

Quote from: MR. CREEPER on August 16, 2013, 07:16:07 PM
Alrighty. I'll have to figure out the download to computer then to soundcloud shit, but I'll try. Thanks.

burn cd on tascam  , stick cd into computer, import into itunes.
then soundcloud, bandcamp etc etc account to share with others

if you wish to create mp3 verisons, right click on song in itunes, then on create mp3 version (retitle mp3 song with mp3 at end so you can tell em apart).

Demon Lung

I have some songs saved to iTunes. I can convert those to soundcloud? How about bandcamp? I have a bandcamp. Couldn't get the name on soundcloud because some dude playing  world music on a keyboard has it. I have it in Facebook and bandcamp though

MR. CREEPER

Much love Chovie, and Co. I will attempt to do this thing.

MR. CREEPER

I may have to employ the help of my child. She's 22 ( as I am 42) and is leaps and bounds ahead of me.

MR. CREEPER

The working name of the project/band is Low-Man's Land, disc is EP#1 (lo-fi shitpie).

MR. CREEPER

When one is left to their own devices, shit happens. Dig it, don't, whatever. Cheers.

RAGER

Quote from: Demon Lung on August 16, 2013, 07:32:17 PM
I have some songs saved to iTunes. I can convert those to soundcloud? How about bandcamp? I have a bandcamp. Couldn't get the name on soundcloud because some dude playing  world music on a keyboard has it. I have it in Facebook and bandcamp though

Absolutely.  AS long as you have the tunes on your pooter and they're yours, upload em.  Let's hear it.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Are you sure that you're ready for that? Give me your email. That's the best I can do at the moment.

Demon Lung

I mean I can't do all that noodley shit that you can do but i think I do alright.

VOLVO)))

Another option is to drop a picture into windows movie maker, and drop the tune behind it, then upload it onto youtube. It's pretty easy.

I did this in about six minutes, and my band now has youtube coverage.

viola.

(I know the vocals suck, I wasn't there to re-record them for him.)
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Demon Lung

Can I do it with my phone. I might get a new PC tomorrow. Not sure yet... Until then I can't access iTunes or bandcamp

VOLVO)))

You can attach shit to emails, Alan, skraight to Rager, and he'll post it for us to hear!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Demon Lung

Are you ready for that? Im not sure that I trust rager to do anything for me.

Demon Lung

I think I'll just post them when I'm capable of posting them. Not sure that I trust anyone to do it for me...

VOLVO)))

I could post them as private on youtube.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Demon Lung

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Demon Lung

I'm pretty low tech with everything that I use. I recorded it to my iPhone using a basic ibanez a basic practice amp and a pod xt.

MR. CREEPER

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but did this shit work?, or do I suck that much?

VOLVO)))

Sounds good, worked perfectly. Glad soundcloud was easy enough to get workin'!

guitars sound great.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Quote from: Demon Lung on August 16, 2013, 10:03:36 PM
Are you ready for that? Im not sure that I trust rager to do anything for me.

I swear I won't doctor it up at all.
No Focus Pocus