Cool Story: Old dude reunited w/ his old guitar

Started by RacerX, August 15, 2013, 04:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

Yeah, but I'm sure he paid a shitload more for it the second time around.

RacerX

Quote from: neighbor664 on August 15, 2013, 04:17:22 PM
Yeah, but I'm sure he paid a shitload more for it the second time around.

Probably, but still.

I'd sure like to be reunited with my old koa Mockingbird that I stupidly sold to pay bills towand the end of my first marriage. I paid $1000 for it new in 1982, and if I could track it down & had 2 grand to spare, I'd pay it.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

I can find that Mock for you, if you can find the serial, no shit, Alan.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Shit, I doubt I still have it.

I suppose I could contact the BC Rich & see if they have the record of the serial #. It was a custom order through a Long & McQuade Music store (small chain) back in New Jersey.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

If you get me the number, I can probably find that guitar. Just for shits and giggles.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

I would like my 60's Fender Champ back and my 70's white Flying V.
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

what year was the champ? i bought a 68 not long ago for $275.

chille01

Quote from: RacerX on August 15, 2013, 07:10:33 PM
Shit, I doubt I still have it.

I suppose I could contact the BC Rich & see if they have the record of the serial #. It was a custom order through a Long & McQuade Music store (small chain) back in New Jersey.

L&M is probably the biggest music store chain in Canada. Nicknamed Loan & Persuade due to their relatively lax financing terms. Never knew they were ever in the states. Are they still?

Jake

Right after they said that it was 1 of only 100 made, the newscaster says "What are the odds of that happening?"

How about 1 in 100?
poop.

Chovie D

I was thinking even less.

100 made but probably only 90 sold, then you gotta figure some percentage have been destroyed by now, fire, flood, ravages of time etc.

Jake

Well of course. But my larger point being that they're nowhere near astronomical and fairly easy to calculate (within a margin of error).
poop.

RacerX

If you are one who expects TV news talking heads to be a lot more intelligent than that "Ron Burgundy"  character, you are VERY wrong.
Livin' The Life.

tossom

"Beige rock"

chille01

I thought the same thing about the odds too at first, but I think you need to account for all of the people. It's not just the fact he bought the same guitar out of 100 twice, it's that he managed to locate the correct seller of said guitar, after it had been sold most likely multiple times already. Or something. I was always a C- math student.