Midi keyboard controller recommendations

Started by Mike IQ, August 06, 2013, 01:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike IQ

I playing a Nord Electro in my band, but I want something to practice on at home; the Nord is heavy and I don't want to keep schlepping it on the subway between my practice space and my apartment. I just want something I can use to practice at home; I have software so that's not an issue. I want something with at least 61 keys. Thee M-Audio Keystation 61ES has popped up in my searches as something good and reasonably priced. Anyone have any experience with this or any other similar midi keyboards?
"I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain." - Mike Tyson

clockwork green

I just got that M-Audio 61 for use with my MacBook (I'm totally blanking on the program I use it with but it's connected to Logic X but I got the standalone instrument pack). Anyways, it's a solid keyboard. The keys are plastic I have a couple with rough edges but the weight is decent. It has limited features so if you're playing modeling software of analog synths you want have a ton of buttons to play with but I have a little 25 key for that. I got the 61 just for piano stuff and I'm happy with it, especially for the price.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Mike IQ

Quote from: clockwork green on August 06, 2013, 02:52:19 PM
I just got that M-Audio 61 for use with my MacBook (I'm totally blanking on the program I use it with but it's connected to Logic X but I got the standalone instrument pack). Anyways, it's a solid keyboard. The keys are plastic I have a couple with rough edges but the weight is decent. It has limited features so if you're playing modeling software of analog synths you want have a ton of buttons to play with but I have a little 25 key for that. I got the 61 just for piano stuff and I'm happy with it, especially for the price.

Thanks Clockwork - yeah, I am just using it for piano stuff as well so I don't need many bells and whistles.

"I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain." - Mike Tyson

jibberish

I scored a $20 garage sale 61 key casio. why? MIDI out, that's why....