Gatsby

Started by RAGER, May 09, 2013, 04:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Is it just me or does this thing look like a great big golden polished turd.  What's up with the hip hop soundtrack?
No Focus Pocus

The Bandit

Every time the trailer comes on my wife says she wants to see it & I tell her no fucking way I'm going.   

Demon Lung

I heard your band Florence and the machine are playing the main song for the movie rager

GodShifter

I thought that was my band.

Anyways™ , keep your trollyness™ to the GD, please.

kthankxbai

Demon Lung

He was talking about the hiphop in the movie. I just stated that a non hophop band is playing the title song. How is that trolling?

RAGER

Who the fuck is that band you mentioned and why do you associate it with me again?
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Florence and the machine. They are your favorite.

Jor el

It's a Baz Luhrmann movie.

That should explain the soundtrack.

I remember enjoying Romeo & Juliet....
Of corpse, it was 1996 and I was high as a kite.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Demon Lung

Yeah from what ive heard from the songs in the movie it's more hip music than hip hop.

RAGER

I wish you could hear the farting noise I'm making. It's pretty comical. My hot girlfriend is laughing. Don't you wish your girl friend was hot like mine.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

And I'm the one trolling... Does your hot girlfriend know how much of an Internet hero you are?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

deleted account

is it cool if I wish for a girlfriend first, and then work up to the hot part?  like, baby steps?

mortlock

I love carey mulligan..

MichaelZodiac

It's a Baz Luhrmann movie? Count me out.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

jmucke

A stylistic overkill, a glorious mess, an over-indulgent showcase of set-design and OTT-cinematography. The first 20 minutes are probably fun if you are totally baked (which I wasn't) but after that the movie tries to be a literary adaption with constant voice-over by Spiderman - a futile attempt to hold this mess together. Silly use of 3D.

Baltar

It was a great big golden polished turd, thankfully my sister watched it for me.  Isn't hip-hop dead yet?
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.