Main Menu

Need some PA help

Started by bbottom, January 07, 2013, 04:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

know next to nothing about PA gear so I'll need some help with this.

The PA that I'm using at band practice consists of a single powered JBL 15 on a pole running through a mixer. The only thing that's running through it are the vocals, and that's all that I need it for.
We play really loud and my vocals are next to non-existant because this single speaker can't keep up.
So what are your suggestions for PA gear that I should be looking at? I don't need anything super awesome or expensive since I'm only going to be using it at our practice space.

jibberish

the spookster mentioned powered monitors once upon a time. this may be another case for a couple of powered monitors for a down-n-dirty quick solution

Lumpy

Roll off a lot of the bass on the vocals, and see if that cuts through better. It should help you get louder before feeding back. It should be at head level.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

apekillman

Yea, I'm thinking too much bass getting drowned out by the band cuz of the 15 inch

bbottom

I've rolled off the bass as much as I possibly can. I'm just going to break down and buy a bigger system this week.

The good thing is that it's not hard to find PA shit on craigslist

moose23

You're running a single powered monitor from a mixing desk yeah? Which output are you using on the desk and how many vocals do you have?

Before you answer those I'd recommend another powered monitor.