Main Menu

Xmas Gear!

Started by Ranbat, December 25, 2012, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

I know there's a gear acquisition thread, but this one is just for the cool stuff you got for Christmas or bought with your Christmas money  ;D

Mine is this Memphis I got for $60 off eBay this morning. An obvious 80s relic w/the single humbucker and hockey stick headstock. Plus, it was $60!

The sticker is a Flotsam/Voivod sticker.
Meh :/

everdrone

Last night was New Amp Sim Day ("NASD") to myself!  Now I have a rig that sounds just like Meshuggah and Periphery!!! Videos are in this thread, I will post clips around Christmas. I could not resist any longer.  Happy day for me :) :beerchug: 

I have been listening to Meshuggah's new album on Spotify alot, which sounds killer, just like last nights jamming with my new Christmas Death Metal present :headbang:

here are clips of what I bought:

rock on!  pretty stoked on this purchase!  I already had ezmix2 so this pack was $50 for me. 

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=169

also, I got the S2.2 Koloss drums for $15.  its only one EQ setup, but its a great one!

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=174

RAGER

I mentioned this before but i got one of these.

No Focus Pocus

Jake

I got one of those PickPunches. I don't like how the picks feel from old credit/gift cards (too slippery), so I ordered some "tortex" type stuff from their website for pretty cheap.

poop.

Glitchyghost

Man, I gotta get one of those!

bass sic

Use old lp's. there grippy.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Jake on December 26, 2012, 01:44:07 PM
I got one of those PickPunches. I don't like how the picks feel from old credit/gift cards (too slippery), so I ordered some "tortex" type stuff from their website for pretty cheap.

I also got one of these. can't wait to try it out . . .

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

everdrone

with my new Christmas Present in my post above,

I just recorded a new song with ezmix, EMG81/85s and S2.0. it is pretty machine like and brutal, so I am calling it machine: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12074284

br00tz!!!  Basically I took the class titled Meshuggah 101 and bought aformentioned shizzle and did a quick mix and song

Rock on :)

Ranbat

That pick punch is pretty bitchin'. I need one.
Meh :/

fallen

Slightly over the top one knob fuzz with some high octave mixed in. From a small Vancouver company called Union.

jibberish

Quote from: Jake on December 26, 2012, 01:44:07 PM

seriously, that is a TOTAL FAIL. WHY?

have you ever played a credit card pick? that plastic is not made for that., it turns to white dust everywhere and the pick is gone in 10 minutes, all under your guitar strings and on the pups. you would be better off stamping metal picks from green bean cans.

themusketking

Received a $80 gift card to Guitar Center. Which I promptly used on my layaway. Only $123 away from a "new" head and cab.  I posted pics of the head and cab in the new gear section.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

I,Galactus

Only gear i got is one of these:

Gotta spend some more time with it but it's still a lot of fun.

Quote from: giantchris on December 25, 2012, 11:13:19 PM
I got a Z Vex Sonar pedal.  Pretty fun so far.

Nice.  I don't really even like tremolo and I want one of those.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

clockwork green

One of these days I'd like to find a slide that actually fits my finger and sounds good.  I don't think I have particularly corpulent tendrils but the only ones I ever seem to find that fit (which is rare) are poorly made glass slides that just sound dead.  Part of the problem is that I like putting slides on my ring finger and from years of basketball the knuckles are a bit battered.  I'd be fine if I could just deal with playing with a pinky slide but I just don't have the control with it. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RAGER

I also got a Vic Firth pepper mill

No Focus Pocus

Jake

The Pick Punch is not a TOTAL FAIL. It works great if you use the right material.

(Unless you were just pretending to be a melodramatic 15 year old girl.)
poop.

Chovie D

what i was wondering about the pick punch is:
1. dont picks have rounded or beveled edges? and wouldnt a pick without rounded edges kind of scrape against the strings?
2. other than credit cards laying around...which apparently are not suitable,....what material is handy to use? defeats the purpose if you have to order special material, might as well order 100 picks.

Its really #1 that bothers me tho. that and that I use the more severly shaped teardrop picks like these:

Chovie D

this is probably the first year since I was 12 that I havent gotten something musical for christamas. either I have everything I need or my interest is waning...or both

the unibonger

momma threw down a 125 dollar repair on my lab series L-5. best solid state amp of all time. cheers to momma.
mexican lucky.

da_qtip

I got a Boss DB-90. My timing is gonna get rock solid.

I also got an Akai LPD8. I'm using it as a pedalboard for virtual amps.

I,Galactus

Quote from: clockwork green on December 27, 2012, 01:11:18 PM
One of these days I'd like to find a slide that actually fits my finger and sounds good.  I don't think I have particularly corpulent tendrils but the only ones I ever seem to find that fit (which is rare) are poorly made glass slides that just sound dead.  Part of the problem is that I like putting slides on my ring finger and from years of basketball the knuckles are a bit battered.  I'd be fine if I could just deal with playing with a pinky slide but I just don't have the control with it. 

These guys make gorgeous custom slides, sized to whatever you need:  http://www.diamondbottlenecks.com/DB08/index.asp

Had I been buying my own, that's probably the route I would've gone.  But I put "blue glass slide" on the wishlist and got the Dunlop as a gift.  No complaints.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

the diddler

my old lady got me pedal board w/hard case.  got it set up currently for use with the 2-amp rig

The Riffer

My xmas gift to myself.
Late 70's Matsumoku Vantage double P bass. Gonna be my backup.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance