Main Menu

Any got 1x12s?

Started by VOLVO))), December 22, 2012, 02:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

So, girly's kid is in love with my buddy's Sunn full stack. Ive got some spare 12s, and a 5w head that I'm going to mod into a mini Model T. Imma build him two 1x12s, so that he has his own mini stack, and get him a short scale tele. Even if he never plays it, at least I'll have a sweet rig at her house.

Cab measurements of your 1x12s plz?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Drama

Here are a few for you, if you want more detail, lemme know.

Oh, I'm in the UK so you get it in cm ;)

W/D/H

Orange 1x12: 54.5 x 28.5 x 45cm

Blackstar HTV: 61.7 x 29.5 x 56.4

Marshall 1912:  50 x 29 x 47

I've got a shit ton more at the studio but won't be back there til Tomorrow now. Lemme know if you want others.

VOLVO)))

Wicked! Thank you so much! We should talk Riffer into making a child sized Pharaoh...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Drama

No problem!

Hah, yeah, that'd cap it all off perfectly.

MichaelZodiac

Put a BAT patch on his denim vest, supporting fuzz can't start soon enough.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Mr. Foxen

If its gotta be a closed box, divvy down the size of a big 4x12, so it has same sort of tone, pretty much all 1x12s are way undersized so sound duff and it gets blamed on not being loads of speakers rather than too small box.

clockwork green

Build a Thiele cab.  I have a Mesa Thiele 1x12 cab which is just amazing (the EV 12L helps and it can handle 100 watt heads on 10 with no problem)...plenty of depth and punch and sounds like a much bigger cab.  There are blueprints online.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"