Main Menu

Viernes Negro

Started by Jake, November 23, 2012, 11:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Did anyone else succumb to the full court press of mailers, eblasts, commercials, etc. and purchase a Black Friday Sale item? I picked up a $30 analog delay. Hopefully it sounds better than I think it might.

http://www.music123.com/amplifiers-effects/rogue-analog-delay-guitar-effects-pedal
poop.

clockwork green

That is one bland looking pedal. 

I'm fighting the urge to buy a pedal or two.  I've been wanting to buy a Z Vex Machine for awhile.  I had one years ago and sold it for no good reason.  I could also use a new phaser. If I didn't have so many bills this month or if I had the ability to save money there's a place with 20% off Matchless and Bad Cat amps and a DC30 or a Hot Cat would have been a hell of a present to myself. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Lumpy

The 99 dollar Fender Greta amp that Jibberish posted looks kinda cool, but I don't need it... or do I?

Musicans Fiend has a few of those Rogue pedals for 29 bucks - compressor, distortion, chorus, etc.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Jake

Just okay. It can only do pretty short delays, so I won't be keeping it.
poop.

hisheroisjon

From what I've read they are "analog sounding" and not actually analog, they use a pt2399 cmos chip.

lordfinesse

Ordered these for my oldest kid. He drums all day and all night.

Billy Squier 24/7

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

most "analog" delays do have a short max delay time

aquapuss, boss dm2, etc.

carbon copy is an anaolg-ish delay with longer max times

I was and still kinda desperately AM searching for somethign to buy myself.
no more effects for me tho I dont think, unless theres something new and great?? 8)

lordfinesse

For an analog delay with long delay times, I can't recommend the Analogman ARD-X20 enough. It's all kinds of awesome. Not cheap though.
Billy Squier 24/7

AgentofOblivion

I recently played the Earthquaker Devices Organizer.  It makes your guitar sound like an organ.  It's pretty fucking sweet with a clean tone.  Having that signal overdriven wasn't as great, but I didn't get an opportunity to try it with an overdrive before the pedal or in the FX loop of an amp.  I'm very curious what it would sound like with a pre-overdriven signal fed to it.