The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Maybe they brought the PA to the wrong viaduct? 

You play bass with your fingers? Kudos!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield

Th-thanks man. Usually more successfully, I would like to imagine, but...no excuses!

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on March 10, 2019, 05:38:59 PM

finger snob. ill have you know theres only one billionaire bass player on the planet and he plays with a pick.

neighbor664

Chris Squire often played with a pick. All arguments for fingers only are pointless.

renfield

I only play with fingers because I find muting easier. I intend to learn to use a pick. Don't want to limit myself to one technique....

Lumpy

Quote from: mortlock on March 11, 2019, 05:50:42 PM

finger snob. ill have you know theres only one billionaire bass player on the planet and he plays with a pick.

Nikki Sixx?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on March 11, 2019, 08:30:51 PM
Quote from: mortlock on March 11, 2019, 05:50:42 PM

Nikki Sixx?
personally gets my vote over any beatle.

renfield

Lumpy

Paul was great on bass, and we already had a pick vs. fingers debate (it was a tie). I am not anti pick, for example I pick my nose. It's good to be able to play both ways. For some types of music, a pick is almost mandatory.

RAGER

I am a huge Paul fan and I finger my nose and other things.
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

Lumpy

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I just can't seem to get motivated to play music lately. I've got two newish pieces of electronic gear that have new firmware updates available and a new pickup for my SBG and I'm just not stoked about doing it.

My little studio is at max capacity so I've planned on moving out to the main basement area so I can have my drums set up again and room for my 8x10 bass rig. Maybe if I start that project I'll get jazzed about playing.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

can you upload your own bands shit to spotify. sorry for the dumb question in advance.

RAGER

Yes you can. Edit. I read that as SoundCloud. No idea about Spotify.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Yes but there's some red tape.
QuoteTo be eligible to release through Spotify for Artists, you must control the distribution rights to your music, and you must have a US bank account and tax ID.
https://artists.spotify.com/guide/upload

..I might be pointing you in the wrong direction, this is just the first info I found  :)

mortlock

thanks. seems complicated. ill stick with bandcamp and sound cloud.

Roodbaerd

Quote from: mortlock on March 14, 2019, 11:12:38 PM
can you upload your own bands shit to spotify. sorry for the dumb question in advance.
I signed my bands through Distrokid. It's fairly cheap, hassle-free and releases your music on all the popular platforms.

Zero

Quote from: Roodbaerd on March 15, 2019, 05:54:42 AM
Quote from: mortlock on March 14, 2019, 11:12:38 PM
I signed my bands through Distrokid. It's fairly cheap, hassle-free and releases your music on all the popular platforms.

Seconded on DistroKid. Makes it very easy

mortlock

I cracked the neck on my jazz bass. Fuck. Is getting a replacement neck worth it or after the cost of the neck and having it put on and set up would i be better off getting a different bass.

Lumpy