Main Menu

Lace Pickups

Started by morgantician, October 06, 2012, 07:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morgantician

Anyone ever tried them?  They've got a little buzz lately and I'm seeing cool underground players sporting them.

eugenicscum

They've endorsed all stoner doom sludge bands ever.

I have the Dirty Heshers and love them.

RacerX

Yeah, I told Karl from Gates of Slumber that his tone sounded killer this tour, & he told me he is now endorsed by Lace, too, & had replaced his pickups. Pike, Wino, & a bunch of others use Lace, too.

I haven't tried 'em, but there must be something to 'em.
Livin' The Life.

Cursed71

I use the drop and gains and they are my favorite pickups.  Kinda ugly (have that black plastic active pickup look) but do everything I want in a pickup.  Stay really clear with fuzz in low tunings and sort of respond like a less noisy p90.

clockwork green

Some of the YouTube clips sound terrible but they definitely wen after all the right people to try and seem legit. I'd like to play through some. Mike certainly sounded good when I heard YOB the other week and Neurosis has a show here in a month so I'll get to hear them again.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

MichaelZodiac

Mike uses the Nitro Hemi's not the Drop n Gains. If there's credibility in their promo Wino uses those.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Instant Dan

I was actually going to ask if anyone had tried the nitro-hemi's?

zachoff

Anyone tried the bass pickups?  Looking for something different to try and it doesn't seem like a ton of money.

yesca

Quote from: Cursed71 on October 06, 2012, 10:04:45 AM
I use the drop and gains and they are my favorite pickups.  Kinda ugly (have that black plastic active pickup look) but do everything I want in a pickup.  Stay really clear with fuzz in low tunings and sort of respond like a less noisy p90.

how do they sound down tuning lower then drop d?

Cursed71

I use them for C standard.  Sounds clear under heavy fuzz.

swordofdoom

Quote from: zachoff on October 07, 2012, 01:25:08 AM
Anyone tried the bass pickups?  Looking for something different to try and it doesn't seem like a ton of money.

It's worth a shot.

I've always used Duncans for bass pickups, but you probably can't go wrong with Lace, either.

Pundan

Watching the list of Lace-endorsed players makes me go yes but all the YouTube demos I've seen fucking suck.
I'm interested in a Drop and Gain in neck position and Nitro Hemi in bridge.