One amp, one cab, one bass/guitar, one pedal...

Started by zachoff, October 03, 2012, 02:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

Quote from: The Riffer on October 03, 2012, 04:58:52 PM
Imagine my joy to see 2 of my pedals on this list. SO humbling.

SO here are my picks.

Vintage L.P Custom, loaded with a set of Motorcity Hot Heads
Pharaoh
Vintage 50w Plexi
Emperor 612 w a mix of g12h 55's and G12M greenbacks

if some1 had a gun to my head id pick a pharaoh. I feel you on the LP custom, yea thats where I would be 2.

ryansummit

id do whats worked for me so far

ask you guys as soon as i found out i was going to the desert island
left to my own devices though
sg voodoo(im shallow)
randall commander 6(swap out 2 of the 10s,for 12s)
bat badascan(it will never leave my side)

RAGER

My dream rig is what I pretty much have  except for the cab so it's be......

'69 Marshall Super Bass>matching cab with 30 watt vintage celestions>transparent o.d./tubescreamer>my 78 Les Paul with T-tops
No Focus Pocus

MR. CREEPER

My LP, Black Classic Custom('72 reissue modded w/ dimarzio SD in bridge), a Reeves Custom 30 mk ii, and a Dunlop wah. Boom. Done.

themusketking

Orange Thunderverb 200
Electric Amp Company 4x10/2x15
Snarling Dog Bootzilla Bass wah and fuzz
My modded Jazz bass. 
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

liquidsmoke

Ampeg SS150(B channel), any 4x12 that can handle lots of power and lows and not distort, bare bones black Les Paul with Duncan Invader pups(although my back doesn't like the weight), and an Amptweaker TightMetal.

I have this more or less for metal. The LP is an Epi Studio which is the cheapest set neck carved top they make. The Ampeg is super tight but warm and has body shaking low end for days although it's in the shop at the moment.

b00gie van

eyeprod

I'd probably go solid state and want some kind of sunn concert or coliseum head for long term use. A good 8x10 would probably be best for guitar and bass, I'm not too picky as long as it works well with the head. My SG special as it is and an old non reverse thunderbird bass. one pedal is tough to choose. either the deluxe memory man, tonebender mk2, or my big muff.
CV - Slender Fungus

lordfinesse

I'd stay with my current setup.

White Matamp GTOL
White 4x12
Guild S100
Analogman Ardx20 Delay
Billy Squier 24/7

bitter

That's a nice setup, but are you just saying that because your rig's in the same room with you? Be honest  ;)
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

RacerX

LP Jr.,  Sunn Coliseum PA Head, Sunn 4x12 cab, Crybaby.
Livin' The Life.

lordfinesse

Quote from: bitter on October 04, 2012, 09:26:14 PM
That's a nice setup, but are you just saying that because your rig's in the same room with you? Be honest  ;)

Hmm.. ok. Honestly, I should've said "a good delay pedal with foot controllable delay time and level". The other things are still true though. Guitar I always wanted = old original Guild S100. Got it. Any amp I could have? A loud-when-I-want-it-to-be, handbuilt, tube Matamp in a not-very-common color, with my name on it, with matching cab. Got it. So, yeah. Mostly what I've got. That Ardx20 is fucking sweet though.
Billy Squier 24/7

Instant Dan

Guitar:
Burny RLG-50 or Gothic SG

Amp:
'78 Marshall JMP 2204
Quality made 4x12 with 65 watt celestions

Pedal:
Fulltone OCD

SoupKitchen

My '72 Gibson SG Special with a P90 in the neck instead of the minihum, Univibe, '68 Marshall 50 watt Lead with 6CA7s, pre '72 straight cab with pre-Rola Celestion G12Hs with 55Hz Kurt Mueller cones.

Metal and Beer

Fender J/P hybrid Frankenbass ---> Randall Sustainer 140 --> '79 Ampeg 8x10  (no pedals....yet)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RAGER

Quote from: RacerX on October 04, 2012, 09:52:03 PM
And about another 150 pounds. + a bit more mojo
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on October 06, 2012, 03:07:35 AM
Quote from: RacerX on October 04, 2012, 09:52:03 PM
And about another 150 pounds. + a bit more mojo

I'm hoping the Crybaby will add a "perceived mojo effect" since The Great Fatsby wasn't a wah guy...
Livin' The Life.