How come nobody mentioned Ed Roman died.......

Started by Ranbat, September 26, 2012, 11:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

last December? I figure there would have been a few to say "Hell Yeah!" and "Finally" if they ever dealt with the guy. I never did, but have come across plenty who did and nobody ever says, "Ed cut me a really good deal!"

http://news.yahoo.com/ed-roman-renowned-guitar-builder-dies-61-214201234.html
Meh :/

Jake

Honestly, I don't think a lot of people around here care one way or the other. I know I don't. Even having lived in Las Vegas for most of the last decade, I went to his large and hugely unsatisfying store exactly twice. Once would have been enough except that someone from out of town wanted to go.

Although his online rants may have been mildly entertaining at first, he really only had 1.5 things to say: Gibsons suck and PRS suck, but didn't used to. Yawn. And the pointy, neon, shred machines that he built that looked like someone barfed abalone and AAAAAA flame maple were equally as unstimulating.
poop.

Metal and Beer

CANKLES VS. BUTTPUSSY K WTF LOL WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

The Shocker

He had a lot of Mosrites and a clunky websites, right?

VOLVO)))

Fuck that fat counterfeiting troll. Im glad he's dead.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

lordfinesse

^ wow.

I went to his store once when we were in Vegas. I don't remember much about it other than it was big, and I didn't feel very comfortable being there. Oh well..
Billy Squier 24/7

ryansummit

are you tryin to say he was only in it for the money

clockwork green

Is his shop still there? I always wanted to go for the novelty. Didn't he have a thing where he'd charge $100 to just browse around?
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

Ed Roman is responsible for 99.9% of counterfeit BC Rich guitars. Fuck him. So many people have been screwed by that hack piece of shit. I hope he has to try to sell economy cars to Jews in hell.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

ryansummit

whoa
easy tiger
can you imagine his time on earth,and the douchebags he rejected BJs from
and people in berets telling him how"original"those artsy fartsy pieces of shit were
hes one of those people that lived in hell
like crazy eddie and bernie madoff

Instant Dan

A guy I used to work with dealt with Ed Roman on a regular basis a few years back and posted on his facebook the day Ed Roman died "One of the best days of the year."

Jake

Quote from: clockwork green on September 27, 2012, 10:28:06 AM
Is his shop still there? I always wanted to go for the novelty. Didn't he have a thing where he'd charge $100 to just browse around?

His shop had been gone for years. It's right across the freeway from the strip, so highrise condo developers put in towers where his store (and others) was. I understand that for a little while, his place was appointment only. Have never heard about a $100 browsing fee, and I doubt it was a common practice, but if anyone were to have such a thing it would have been Ed.

The last couple of years, Ed was flooding Craigslist with his seemingly bottomless supply of (what I tend to think are) awful guitars. So many 80s buttrock machines, Steinbergers, custom graphic'ed shredders, etc., etc. You could always tell it was him because the photos were taken with his absurdly tacky pool/waterfall/gilded grotto in the background. And he always asked for obscene money for his monstrosities. I say he contributed to more "CL Re:Re:Re:Re" fights than actual online commerce.

I don't really care if there's a metric ton of fake PRSs, BC Riches, Mosrites, whatever, because of him. His people supposedly knew what they were doing when it came to building guitars, so at least they were probably decent fakes I imagine.
poop.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Ranbat

I've also read that he claimed that most vintage Fenders were fakes as they were cheap guitars and not that many would have survived. Man, doesn't that suck though. You either want to be hated or loved to be remembered. Ed was hated and then also forgotten by most. Ain't that a bitch  ;D
Meh :/

clockwork green

Some people will do some serious bullshit for money. It's just not worth the hassle.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"