Tame Impala - Lonerism

Started by Token, September 10, 2012, 12:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Token

For someone who's completely over psych movement this is a sure breath of pop fresh air. Picks up pretty much where their previous album left off, really enjoying it.

GodShifter

Pop? Pop you say? Sounds like I might like it, too. I dug the last one as well.

MadJohnShaft

I have only the EP and forgot to  look into the full releases, I must do

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Yupr

Possibly my favorite release of 2012, second to Goat's World Music. Plus, that hottie in the Mind Mischief video was a nice touch.

Dylan Thomas

Listening now, I've been meaning to get into these guys.  I've always liked what I've heard.  Sounds promising so far.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

RAGER

Have heard of these guys but never listened.  Really dig it a lot.  I'll be listening to this all day I think.

If you guys like this you should check oot Dungen if you don't know aboot them already.  No typo.  it's spelled that way.  Svenska!!
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

(the one good Dungen)

The two records are great, lots of Lennon and McCartney there.

(I wonder if they didn't post a link on el Danno land back in ancient history - the EP I have in mp3 form has 4 songs and a myspace/web page type note with it)

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: RAGER on April 07, 2013, 01:54:30 PM
Have heard of these guys but never listened.  Really dig it a lot.  I'll be listening to this all day I think.

If you guys like this you should check oot Dungen if you don't know aboot them already.  No typo.  it's spelled that way.  Svenska!!

I love Dungen.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

RAGER

Awesome. Love to hear of others who dig em. Fucking great band.  I would love to play drums in a band like this.
No Focus Pocus

yeezuz

i can't believe i missed the tour, i didn't realize how popular they are (in Dallas of all place, sheesh) - the show sold out. but i'm loving the new record and will have to check out this Dungen yall are talkin bout.

MadJohnShaft

Their snag Elephant is in a Blacberry commercial.