Main Menu

Model T Clones

Started by Swurve, August 22, 2012, 10:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swurve

So I was emailing Conrad Sundholm a bit ago about making a Model T clone. He said he was into it and would call it a Model C(onrad).
Quoted me $2500.00
I ended up with a failing leech field at my hut, and had to forgo my plans of a ridiculously cool amp.
Anyway if someone is interrested you can reach him at www.conradamps.com

Swurve out.
Caution, panties subject to vaporization.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

Instant Dan

I always wondered if he would do a clone or not of it or the 2000S.

rayinreverse

If you're patient,you could buy an original for less couldn't you?

dunwichamps

I could build either the 2000s or Model T for around 1800-2000k if you used top quality iron.

Mr. Foxen

Given the choice, I'd always take a new amp made the same as an old one, pretty familiar with how much fucking about old amps are.

dunwichamps

the model Ts are wicked price gouged, and will most likely need work when you get them. Need to replace the 20uF and 60/80uF filter caps since I often see they are not replaced.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Swurve on August 22, 2012, 10:21:33 PM
So I was emailing Conrad Sundholm a bit ago about making a Model T clone. He said he was into it and would call it a Model C(onrad).
Quoted me $2500.00
I ended up with a failing leech field at my hut, and had to forgo my plans of a ridiculously cool amp.

Swurve out.
I can relate, just found out some bad things about my septic system, had to cut into the outlet pipe to get the jet in, found out they used upside down field pipe, instead of solid pipe, to connect the tank to the field. Thankfully it jet'd out OK, put a T over the hole to aid future maintenance, and a piece of drain and a cover over the access hole that had been chipped into the tank.

Good luck ;)

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 23, 2012, 11:37:43 AM
Quote from: Swurve on August 22, 2012, 10:21:33 PM
Quoted me $2500.00

Swurve out.
I can relate, just found out some bad things about my septic system, had to cut into the outlet pipe to get the jet in, found out they used upside down field pipe, instead of solid pipe, to connect the tank to the field. Thankfully it jet'd out OK, put a T over the hole to aid future maintenance, and a piece of drain and a cover over the access hole that had been chipped into the tank.

Good luck ;)

the joys of country livin', eh??!!

ap

The Eagle twin guys who started Hex cabs are now making Model T clones.
They're rad and not $2500.

clockwork green

Maybe I'll lose a million cool points but those Hex cabs are fugly.  I didn't like the pictures but when I saw them in person when I saw Gaza live they were even worse.  The amps look good though. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

Quote from: ap on August 25, 2012, 02:43:07 AM
The Eagle twin guys who started Hex cabs are now making Model T clones.
They're rad and not $2500.

I would buy that in a fucking heartbeat...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the hex cabs either.   The heads look a little better.

VOLVO)))

Wow, motherfuck do I dig those cabs and heads.

Y'all folks are silly. Those things look hot AF, and those heads look even better...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

+--Stonah--+

Ok, so how much exactly do these Hex Model T clones cost?
...One Riff To Rule Them All...

I,Galactus

Quote from: clockwork green on August 25, 2012, 06:24:48 AM
Maybe I'll lose a million cool points but those Hex cabs are fugly.  I didn't like the pictures but when I saw them in person when I saw Gaza live they were even worse.  The amps look good though. 

But how did they SSSSOOUUUNNNDDD, maaaan?!

/considering a couple of giant killers
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Discö Rice

Do they have an official website? All I can find are photos. I WANT DETAILS!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Discö Rice on August 26, 2012, 09:29:13 PM
Do they have an official website? All I can find are photos. I WANT DETAILS!

Just a facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/hex.cabs
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

rayinreverse

Quote from: I,Galactus on August 26, 2012, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: clockwork green on August 25, 2012, 06:24:48 AM

But how did they SSSSOOUUUNNNDDD, maaaan?!

/considering a couple of giant killers

I know quite a few people playing Hex cabs, including the bass player in my band. I havent heard a giant killer on its own. I heard it mixed in with a few other cabs in Gentry's rig when I saw Eagle Twin awhile back.

VOLVO)))

Those T's look fucking sick.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Nick, is there a non-invasive way to on
Install those backlit LEDS? The circuit cant be too difficult. Can it?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 27, 2012, 10:55:38 AM
Nick, is there a non-invasive way to on
Install those backlit LEDS? The circuit cant be too difficult. Can it?

No its not difficult at all. In fact I just did it for Rons GT120. I made a full wave recto off the heater lines to get ~4V then ran that to an RCA jack with a 100R series resistors. You need 2 diodes, 1 cap (anything will work just rate it for > 10V or whatever, a 100R resistor, 1 RCA jack, and 1 470k resistor (to bleed to supply when its off)

In this pic

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/480097_10151368801329552_1962626754_n.jpg

That large looking radial cap is the filter cap for it. I fit it on a 3 turret strip or it also could be done using some terminal strips 2

VOLVO)))

Im gonna have to figure out how to do it with my T. Some white LEDS. Any way to make them fade or brighten when I really dig in?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 27, 2012, 11:11:30 AM
Im gonna have to figure out how to do it with my T. Some white LEDS. Any way to make them fade or brighten when I really dig in?

that would need a more advanced approach. Most likely use an op-amp to take your signal and buffer it, rectify the output and use that to drive an active device like a BJT or a FET in linear mode to modulate the current going through a LED. If you go that route a linearly regulated supply would be needed so another small PT would be required.

VOLVO)))

Bummer. BACK LIT LEDS ON MY MODEL T, soon as I figure out everything Nick said to do.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.