Kraken Overdrive now w/video

Started by FullCustom, July 06, 2012, 10:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullCustom

Here is our new pedal. What do you guys think?

Jake

I think it's red with black knobs.
poop.

FullCustom

I'd check the color settings for your monitor then. 

dunwichamps

clips or it didnt happen? naw just being mean, looks quite classy

The Shocker

You got demos of it anywhere?

FullCustom

We just started making them this week.  So there isn't a whole lot out there, yet. 

Jake

If you're just looking for feedback on how it looks, I'd say stay away from using all caps on a script font (GAIN). That's a no no.

Other than that, I think it's got a good beat and I can dance to it.

poop.

FullCustom

Quote from: Jake on July 06, 2012, 11:37:52 AM
If you're just looking for feedback on how it looks, I'd say stay away from using all caps on a script font (GAIN). That's a no no.

Other than that, I think it's got a good beat and I can dance to it.
Yesterday I had someone tell me that they really like the gain in all caps.  Thank you for your feedback. 

FullCustom

Yes, I know and then he handed me $150. 

Jake

So you're saying his wallet transcends his tastes?
poop.

FullCustom

I'm saying he liked the art and bought the pedal.  GAINin all caps may have been what sold the pedal. 

dunwichamps

whatever the customer wants, no biggie. I flex dunwich designs often to customer requests

FullCustom

I'm really happy with how the pedals look.  I designed the circuit and the construction.  The art was designed buy two other people. 

taylo)))r

who cares what it looks like? what does it sound like?
(insert interesting quote)

FullCustom

It's smoother but less compressed than our Barnacle FUZZ.  The attacked and decay its just like an amp.  The tone is pretty neutral unless you use the EQ.  The more I play it the more I like it.  At one point it reminded me of my old Ampeg V4. 

clockwork green

Quote from: taylo)))r on July 06, 2012, 01:38:46 PM
who cares what it looks like? what does it sound like?
But so far all we have is what it looks like.

Video clips are essential today for anyone looking to sell more than a handful of any piece of gear but especially pedals. Ideally fans/owners should provide the majority of them but you guys would benefit from getting the ball rolling...I'm sure someone there plays guitar and someone must own an iPhone. I just picked a cool Tascam mic for the iPhone that works great for clips. In this ProGuitarShop.com era you've got to have clips if you want people to pay attention otherwise it looks like you're hiding it for a reason.

Aesthetically the all-cap GAIN and the font does look cheesy but it's not a big deal otherwise the pedal looks fine but isn't amazing to look at but very few pedals are.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

FullCustom

In deed.  I'm hoping that some of the stores that we are selling to will make a video.  I talked to our home town store Billy Wray Music last week, we may see a video review from them.  The 3rd party videos or reviews make the biggest buzz.  The Bassfuzz.com review really helped us out a lot with the Barnacle.  Moving from the repair business to manufacturing is a ongoing process for us.  But ever year has been bigger and better. 

RAGER

It's a tough market.  Good luck.
No Focus Pocus

grimniggzy

VOLVO)))

Send me one. Ill do a video, and send it back.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

i can do a demo vid for ya 2

FullCustom

We are not sending any out for demos right now.  But that is by no means off the table. 

dunwichamps

no worries. Maybe we do a pedal swap for that. I just got Wizard Fuzz proto off the ground

FullCustom

When we have more pedals in stock, maybe we'll do one of the box tour thingies.  Like I said we just started building the Kraken this week.  We still have some pre-orders to fill.