Amp / Pedal Guts/Mod Thread

Started by Hemisaurus, January 23, 2011, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayek

My new baby. Good working order, but she's a bit grubby and needs some lovin. Also need a couple of the power tube sockets replaced.

VOLVO)))

We'll find this and post with more guts. Sticky-go-bye.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Did I post this one already ???

and Ayek's Jansen looks v. cool  8)

Mike_Sims

Quote from: black_out on January 27, 2011, 05:26:32 PM
Internal of the BYOC 2 Knob Bender clone. I posted this in the thread I started about the build, too, but since this is a sticky I thought that it wouldn't hurt to post it hear, as well.

Excuse the ignorance, but what kind of Transistors are those? I'm assuming some kind of Germanium ones

blackkrosses

Kinda blurry but here's a MIG50.
I had the cheap pots replaced. The tech used braided wire leads, very classy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hemisaurus

Classic 50 on the bench (actually the kitchen table, too lazy to drag it to the workshop)

Fuhgawz

Quote from: Mike_Sims on April 09, 2011, 04:28:27 AM
Quote from: black_out on January 27, 2011, 05:26:32 PM
Internal of the BYOC 2 Knob Bender clone. I posted this in the thread I started about the build, too, but since this is a sticky I thought that it wouldn't hurt to post it hear, as well.

Excuse the ignorance, but what kind of Transistors are those? I'm assuming some kind of Germanium ones

Those look like OC75's (which would be logical in a MKII) or something similar. At least, my MKII sounds awesome with OC75! I also tried OC76 and OC84 (which look different), but the OC75's sounded best. More aggressive than the others.

mawso

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 23, 2011, 06:44:52 PM
Are we in agreement that the boosts on that amp are totally useless? Also, I messaged Sleestak about making one of us a mod so we can sticky the important shit... like this!

I used the mid boost on mine.  Love it.

My bassist uses it sometimes with the bass boost, into a 4x10 cab

VOLVO)))

I used the mid boost, but after noon on the dial, none of them do dick.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

The original Coloursound Sustain (not SupaSustain) probably the best sounding sustain out there. Anyone feel like drawing me a schematic :)

Hemisaurus

This one came to me all the way from FL, courtesy of some death metal kids, DOA, what a horror, 15 knobs, 9 jacks, an impedance selector switch and a bunch of nuts and screws on the board, all need to be removed to access the all in one PCB's solder side. Another piece of you know what from St. Louis.

VOLVO)))

I like those amps... they're not bad.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Did you see me mention what you have to go through to get into it?

All those knobs have to come off, all those jacks, the impedance switch, and all those nuts and screws on the PCB. Serviceability and reliability was not uppermost in their minds. Nice looking iron though, maybe I should do a Joel hammer out the PCB and rebuild it as a single channel 6 knob wonder. ;D

VOLVO)))

I meant, when they work, they're neat little amps...

haha.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

80's verb unit, annoying problem, it has a warm-up time. By the time you've checked the supplies for noise, it's come to life. Guess it maybe isn't worth worrying about for all the time it takes ;)

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Considering it's vintage, I was impressed, that Z80 processor on there is clocked faster than my old ZX Spectrum, probably has more RAM as well.  ;D

James1214

words