Main Menu

FUND THIS SHIT!

Started by VOLVO))), May 31, 2012, 02:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/console-ii-cartridge-based-multi-fx-guitar-pedal

Mark, you should holler at Devi about getting LSTR and pharaoh cartridges, this looks like it fits right along with your "not fuckin' people with a hot fire poker" pricing.

I'm gonna pledge a little bit when I get a few bucks.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Thought you had a ton of money saved up to buy shit in B'more?  You spent it all?  I love the idea, mainly based on my nostalgia for 80's videogames.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Shocker on May 31, 2012, 03:00:05 PM
Thought you had a ton of money saved up to buy shit in B'more?  You spent it all?  I love the idea, mainly based on my nostalgia for 80's videogames.

Clutch went out in my truck.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

xayk

Whoa, she took it to Kickstarter.  I kind of lost track of the project after a while.  I think it's a grand idea, but it would be great if another boutique/DIY/etc maker jumped on board.  I'm (still very much) not an EE, but Devi does some interesting things inside of those pedals.

The Shocker

I would buy one either way, but I like the prototype with the woodgrain a lot better.  So how does the pledge thing work as in when would I actually have to send money?

Sunn, that sux.  Ain't it always that way though?

fallen

Basically you choose a "reward" and then pledge that amount. The promise of payment goes through Amazon but you don't pay anything unless the project reaches it's goal.

Once the Kickstarter is over and if the goal amount has been reached then Amazon will charge your card. Then it's up to the owner of the project to send out your reward item(s). The expected ship date is on each reward. You can also choose no reward and just support and idea you think is interesting.

On this project a pledge of $250 puts you in line for one of the cartridge pedals. If the project succeeds Amazon will bill you and from there it's like a pre-order. In a few months, looks like May 2013, you should receive the pedal.

When it works like a bulk pre-order you can do some pretty cool things. Even on a small scale if an amp or pedal builder got 20 people to all pre-pay for the same amp or pedal it would open up some pretty cool options. Maybe get a better deal on some parts by ordering in bulk. Maybe use the money to build 40 pedals instead of 20 and then you have extra inventory to sell to shops without needing your own up-front investment.

The Shocker

What happens if 18,000 got pledged?  Up to Devi to go ahead?  I went ahead and pledged to get me one. Now I'll be pissed if she doesn't get enough money.

The Shocker

Ok, so this thing is going to meet it's goal and be fully funded.

Anybody got suggestions which carts I should choose?

What $50 devi ever : fx cartridges will be available on launch?
    •    AENIMA
    •    BEAUTIFUL DISASTER / DISASTER FUZZ
    •    BI-FUZZ
    •    BIT : THE LEGEND OF FUZZ
    •    DARK BOOST
    •    DESTRUCTO NOCTAVIA
    •    ELECTRIC BROWN
    •    GODDESS ZERO
    •    HOUNDS TOOTH
    •    HYPERION / HYPERION 2
    •    KARAOKE PARTY
    •    LP
    •    NEVER DRIVE
    •    NINETY
    •    NOISE FLOOR
    •    OK
    •    RUBY
    •    RUINER
    •    SODA MEISER / WAR HORSE
    •    SODA MIGHT
    •    THE WOLF
    •    TORN'S PEAKER
    •    US
    •    VINTAGE FUZZ MASTER
    •    YEAR OF THE RAT
    •    ZERO GOOD

Any non dirt / boost / fuzz cartridges available at launch?
Actually, yes!  We'll also have a DELAY cartridge available at launch which you can choose as one of your carts if you choose a Console reward after contributing! :D

I can pick 2 and get a custom color or pick 4 carts with the standard color. 
I already have The Bit fuzz and love it.

giantchris

This is a genius idea if they can get a couple other makers on board.  If they can't it will still be good but not nearly as good :(

I'd buy it in a second if they got ZVex and dwarfcraft on board.

The Shocker

Quote from: giantchris on June 18, 2012, 09:24:06 PM
This is a genius idea if they can get a couple other makers on board.  If they can't it will still be good but not nearly as good :(

One out of Two?

•Amptweaker
•Analogman
•Blakemore Effects
•Dr. Scientist
•Dwarfcraft
•GHE Effects
•Ghost Effects
•Infanem
•Jack Deville
•Ohnoho
•Paul Trombetta
•Resonant Electronic Design
•Shoe Pedals
•smallsound / bigsound
•Wampler

Lumpy

Dean

The US is a fuzz that's supposed to approximate the smooth fuzz leads on "American Woman" by the Guess Who.

I'm not sure about the others, enough to comment... one of the problems with Devi Ever is too many models, too many name changes of the same pedals over the years.

The Soda Meiser and Torns Peaker seem like standard choices from the catalogue.

The OK is supposed to have some very mild glitches (on purpose)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

The Shocker

Quote from: Lumpy on June 18, 2012, 10:28:06 PM
Dean

The US is a fuzz that's supposed to approximate the smooth fuzz leads on "American Woman" by the Guess Who.

I'm not sure about the others, enough to comment... one of the problems with Devi Ever is too many models, too many name changes of the same pedals over the years.

The Soda Meiser and Torns Peaker seem like standard choices from the catalogue.

The OK is supposed to have some very mild glitches (on purpose)

Yeah, a lot of them sound very similar.  Her website breaks it down according to what type pedals they are:
Muff based, Octavia, Overdrive, etc.  Gonna bypass the muff based ones since I already have a tone of those.

Currently I'm thinking:

Zero Good
Beautiful Disaster
Dark Boost or Karaoke Party
Delay or something else

xayk

I've built a few Karaoke Party pedals for friends, as she had the schematic up for a while.  I like it as a hard-edged OD.

giantchris

Quote from: The Shocker on June 18, 2012, 09:27:02 PM
Quote from: giantchris on June 18, 2012, 09:24:06 PM

One out of Two?

•Amptweaker
•Analogman
•Blakemore Effects
•Dr. Scientist
•Dwarfcraft
•GHE Effects
•Ghost Effects
•Infanem
•Jack Deville
•Ohnoho
•Paul Trombetta
•Resonant Electronic Design
•Shoe Pedals
•smallsound / bigsound
•Wampler

I'm probably gonna get one but not through this batch...I'd like to wait until some of those companies actually commit and support the platform versus "express interest."

The Shocker

One thing I've been wondering is if any other builders get on board, will they be held to the $50 price point for cartridges?  Devi keeps her pedals at a relatively low price point, but some of the other builders she has listed don't.

The Bandit

Got this email today:

Project Update #45: I have failed.
Posted by devi ever ? Like 
Hey there,

First of all, to all of you, thank you for your patience and support.

I have failed.

I have mismanaged my money and time and I don't have the resources to finish the console.

This is what is going to happen :

1) The Console design documents, files, and information that have been done will be released to the public.

Half the budget of the Console kickstarter has been spent on actual Console design work, and the other half was mismanaged and end up getting eaten up by business and personal expenses over the course of the past two years.

I understand this is negligence on my part, and I intend on making it up to every single one of you. I know that this will mean I have lost trust in a number of my supporters and fans, and I don't expect to easily gain back that trust, but I'm going to work full time night and day as long as it takes to make it up to everyone.

Here they are : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ciz8fc7jpucilqf/ConsoleConsolidatedInformation.rar

The design information includes the Console I, II, and III base units, PCB's, cartridge pcb's, enclosure and related circuits. All of these are either completed or in the final stage of prototyping.

As I mentioned before, half the budget of the Console kickstarter was spent on the incredible design work by Ken Schurer of Infanem. I want to be very clear that Ken was in no way a part of the failure of this project. He was actually very close to finishing up the Console designs and if it had not been for my own mismanagement of time and money would have had it done a year ago.

2) The ownership of devi ever : fx is being handed over to another pedal company that will be revealed very shortly.

The past two years have proven that I am no longer capable of running a guitar pedal business properly. Between the failure of my ability to manage the Console project, the changing shape of the gear industry, and the most important thing imho : the fact I no longer have a passion for guitar gear... it is time that I move on. Fortunately I have found a pedal company who will be taking over devi ever : fx and are the kind of people I know will treat the brand and you guys with the respect you both deserve.

3) Everyone who contributed to the Console is going to get credit towards current devi ever : fx pedals or a refund, your choice.

I will be using money from subsequent royalties as well out of my own pocket to pay everyone who contributed to the Console project back, or hook you up with devi ever : fx pedals in return for your contribution to the Console.  Once again, your choice. This is my burden to bear and I aim to have it cleared sooner than later.

Although I am selling the business, I am not making much money from the direct sale, so it will be through subsequent royalties, as well as money I make via a day job, and what money I have now to give job that will be put towards paying you all back, or getting you devi ever : fx pedals in return for your contribution.

Please understand that I am in the process of finding a new job and am spending a lot of time working on video game development as my new source of income, so when you see me online promoting things related to that field, it's so that I can make enough money to pay you all back in a timely manner, as well as have enough money for daily living expenses, feed my cats, etc.

- - -

To keep everything organized and clear of confusion I have set up a special email to discuss console reimbursement pedals, refunds, and any interest in the design documents that Ken finished.

The email to use when discussing Console related things is : console@deviever.com

- - -

I am in your debt and I am truly sorry,

-devi ever

? Like Comment on Kickstarter 

VOLVO)))

Over-extended, over-reached. Total bummer.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

FullCustom

It's too sad to even make fun of.

The Bandit

Will see if I ever get a refund.

RAGER

Boy is Billy gonna have a hey-day.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

I understand her reasons for quitting. It's the same reason Ive gotten out of repairs and whatnot. It's fucking depressing working on stuff you have no passion for anymore. If I could get a steady wage out of it, that's different... I assume she struggled as long as she could and finally buckled as her motivation wanes.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

AgentofOblivion

Working on things you have a passion for is a luxury.  It's pretty shitty to raise $40k of other people's money and piss it all away before deciding you're not cut out for it.  I probably would have done the same thing though, so we're both weak narcissists. 

Pissy

I stay pretty far removed from the whole kickstarter thing.  How often do things fall through with these projects?
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Not saying this is what she's doing but.........Ponzi.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.