Main Menu

When tragedy strikes!

Started by Ranbat, May 27, 2012, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

Picked this up at a yard sale for $5. Thought I screwed myself, but I have already sold the neck on eBay for $20 plus shipping and got a couple bucks out of the pickup. I'm gonna re-contour the body and do crazy things to it. Crazy things like put a 'bucker in the neck and a Tele pickup in the bridge with one of those GFS Bigsby tremolos on it. After I spray it with Krylon Glitter Blast. Yep, gonna be craaaaaazeeeee!  ;D

All I can think is that somebody used paint stripper and it ate up that particle board top and back. And then things went bad  :D
Meh :/

The Shocker

Awesome!  I'd buy it for $5.

Ranbat

Stripped the body of everything and got out my sander to remove the rest of the paint. I'll be re-cutting those bevels with my router.

jibberish

[inb4 sunno creams his monitor]

VOLVO)))

Platinum series BC Rich, Class Axe era, particle board and sawdust. Ill send my condolences with a tin of lighter fluid. :D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

What's really weird, is, the particle board veneer on the front and back. The middle is a soft solid wood. It's too bizarre to not turn into something even more bizarre.

Metal and Beer

Yeah, those were basically junk but for five bucks ? Hell yeah...

Bonus Points: Quadrupling your money on the neck alone. Make a beater, use as guinea pig, paint-art sacrificial lamb and such
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Ranbat on May 28, 2012, 06:40:16 PM
What's really weird, is, the particle board veneer on the front and back. The middle is a soft solid wood.

The wood part the outline an routes and the particle board a stuck on the faces moulding for the contours?

The Shocker

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on May 28, 2012, 08:50:44 PM
What's really weird, is, the particle board veneer on the front and back. The middle is a soft solid wood.

The wood part the outline an routes and the particle board a stuck on the faces moulding for the contours?

Say what?

Ranbat

Once I get the body in a little better shape, I'm going to paint it with some of this stuff.

http://www.krylon.com/products/glitter_blast/

I going with the Citrus Dream or the Orange Burst.

The Shocker

Sunn, post a pic of my citrus burst. More like explosion really.
I like the orange.

mortlock

mawso

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 28, 2012, 05:24:05 PM
Platinum series BC Rich, Class Axe era, particle board and sawdust. Ill send my condolences with a tin of lighter fluid. :D

i'd totally buy a burner guitar for $5

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: The Shocker on May 28, 2012, 09:13:56 PM
Quote from: Mr. Foxen on May 28, 2012, 08:50:44 PM

Say what?

That should have started with a 'Is'.

tombhex

is that a scalloped fretboard?!

Ranbat

Quote from: tombhex on May 29, 2012, 08:31:27 AM
is that a scalloped fretboard?!

Somebody started to scallop it.  :-\

Hemisaurus

so if you sold the neck, what are you using for a neck?

Ranbat

Most likely? A GFS Tele neck.  Or, a Mighty Mite Gibby style replacement neck. Still debating. The GFS is way cheaper though.

Ranbat

Looking better. Took my router and recut the bevels more extreme. Filled in the gouges with Bondo  ;D I still need to apply spot putty to a few dings and spray a final sealer coat.

The Shocker

Ranbat

Officially Glitter Blasted. My phone camera doesn't show the sparkle, but it's fab  ;D It needs another coat and some clear sealer. This stuff has a very textured look and feel though. Which, is probably what one should expect when spraying fuckin' GLITTER on a guitar. I imagine with several coats of clear you could get it to smooth out and achieve a nice glossy finish though.

The Shocker

Ranbat

Ha! Scored a neck off of ebay. I was looking at GFS replacement necks and a Xaviere neck popped up. I got it for a cool $36!

Ranbat

So, here it is Glitter Blasted with the neck attached. I'm hoping to score some dogear P-90s, but was wondering if they'll cover the humbucker routes.

Lumpy

You could make a pickguard that covers the slop?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.