Sherlock

Started by MadJohnShaft, May 02, 2012, 12:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Didn't find a topic- Netflix has the three episodes of series 3.  We thought they were great. The Watson character is perfect.

It's coming back for some new ones - in May so time to catch up.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

bitter

I haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd series yet. I absolutely agree with your assessment of the Watson character. I am not so keen on Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes though. His obnoxious quality is too grating to be likeable; not unlike Hugh Laurie in House. Maybe that changes in the latter series?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

I,Galactus

Quote from: bitter on May 02, 2012, 03:21:42 AM
I haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd series yet. I absolutely agree with your assessment of the Watson character. I am not so keen on Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes though. His obnoxious quality is too grating to be likeable; not unlike Hugh Laurie in House. Maybe that changes in the latter series?

I'm at the same point in the series.  I need to find a way to get caught up now that I've suspended my netflix in favor of that damnable cable TV.

I like Cumberbatch, though.  Primarily becuase of how fun it is to say his name and also this:

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Otters-Who-Look-Like-Benedict-Cumberbatch1.jpg

Also really liked their spin on Moriarity.  I'm not that big of a Holmesian (only read a few of Sir Arthur's stories, and that was a long damn time ago).  I do, however, vastly prefer this show to the "gritty" hollywood take of late.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

ez

What is this third season you speak of and when did it air? My thinks you doth been confused.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

MadJohnShaft

Correct series 1,  series 2 starts on may 6

Dunedin

You're in for a treat if you havent seen Series 2 yet.

Series 3 is due to begin filming early next year.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

MadJohnShaft

You get these well before us eh?  We have to wait.

Baltar

I'm just about to work my way through Ep.3, Season 1.  Cumberbatch is a little hard to watch at times.  Martin Freeman does a pretty good job.  I'm sure he'll be great in the Hobbit movies.  He was perfect in Hitchhikers.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Dunedin

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on May 04, 2012, 07:05:37 AM
You get these well before us eh?  We have to wait.

Just this once; most times we have to wait for your shows to make it to us.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

I,Galactus

Enjoyed series 2 ep 1 that aired on Sunday.

Did you know Watson's blog is an actual blog?  http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Baltar

Many thanks for that^^^^.

MadJohnShaft

Liked the third one, I need to watch 2

I,Galactus

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on May 24, 2012, 07:40:51 AM
Liked the third one, I need to watch 2

Hounds of the Mehservilles?  I'd skip it if you're short on time.  Arguably the weakest of the series.  (That's series in the 'merican sense, i.e. the whole damn show, not faux internet british).

Baltar

Looks like season 3 is in the can!  I thought they killed him off.