bitter

Big bottom was easily their best tune. I forgot they all play bass  :D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 23, 2012, 04:13:11 PM
You might want to call the next one Bohemian Rhapsody :-X

trolling me all day everyday, must be the accent :D

Hemisaurus

Sorry, I just can't see the name Stonehenge without thinking Spinal Tap, you do realise there's 1000+ other megalithic sites you could have picked, or just the word Megalith, or Megalithic, isn't a bad name for an amp.

Check out Julian Cope's Modern Antiquarian, and excellent read, and I think he has a companion website you can check out. Holocaust named a song after a megalithic site in Fife I think, Cairnpapple Hill maybe?? Memory is faded after 20+ years.

Volume

Looks great. I for one actually thought of the prehistoric monument before Spinal Tap when I read the name of the thread. Then again I like Break like the Wind more than This is Spinal Tap. Anyway, what are the bright and dark volumes and blend?

dunwichamps

i think megalith is another companies name for something, I can change her later for the production models

Trying to make it either a 100W or 150/200W Model T killer

dunwichamps

Quote from: Volume on March 23, 2012, 04:25:33 PM
Looks great. I for one actually thought of the prehistoric monument before Spinal Tap when I read the name of the thread. Then again I like Break like the Wind more than This is Spinal Tap. What are the bright and dark volumes and blend?

Since this baby is like a superlead, the volumes are just analogous to the Normal/Bright volumes on a Superlead. Now I simplified the input scheme so your always jacked into both channels. Thus, Blend allows you to tailor the gain of each channels gain stage, one way is max gain one channel, min gain the other, move control to other side and its vice versa, somewhere in between is mixed gains. Since the freq response of each channel is different then you blend the sounds together that way. I will also offer, Max and Min modes where you either have both channels Max gain or Min Gain.

I also added Depth/Resonance control like a SLO or Wizard, and a Mid Shift control to change the mid range on the EQ

In terms of other tweaks, I may run a 12at7 in V1 and a 5751 in V3.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 23, 2012, 04:25:40 PM
i think megalith is another companies name for something, I can change her later for the production models

I was wondering at you bothering with 6CA7's. Going to step up the plate voltage and get a decent set of trannies with a nice 5.5K plate impedance?

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 23, 2012, 04:51:32 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on March 23, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

I was wondering at you bothering with 6CA7's. Going to step up the plate voltage and get a decent set of trannies with a nice 5.5K plate impedance?

For this proto Im running a normal 3.6k OT with 460-475V plates. If I wanted to get serious power out of a the quad of 6ca7s Id need to build a dual rail power supply or id nuke the screens to much in a single rail system then a nice OT with that kind of primary impedance would be worth it. In the dual rail setup I could have 600-700V plate, and a separate 300-400V Screen tap

Hemisaurus

Wouldn't it be fairer to call it a multitap? Dual rail implies a +/- supply, you're just changing the reference to ground / or using a PT with multiple taps, don't confuse the natives ;)

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 23, 2012, 04:58:19 PM
Wouldn't it be fairer to call it a multitap? Dual rail implies a +/- supply, you're just changing the reference to ground / or using a PT with multiple taps, don't confuse the natives ;)

dual rail or multi tap, whatever. I know its a reference to SS rails with +- supplies but in this case for a tube amp thats fine with me.

Id either do it Hiwatt style or Ampeg style, either is fine with me. hiwatt Dr201/405 approach is condensed to less caps so it might be better.

Chovie D

"...where the banshees live and they do live well."

get the dvd, it has an outakes section that is as long as and almost as good as the movie itself.

clockwork green

The commentary is possibly better than the movie since it was all ad libbed.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

mutantcolors

Humor aside, I thought it was a fine name. Superlead -> Marshall -> Britain -> Stonehenge.

dunwichamps

Hemisaurus

Shoulda wired that like a proper pentagram, made it more mystical ;)

dunwichamps

wasnt in the stars iguess

mutantcolors

That's a clean motherfucker. Hope the tone is as gnarly as the wiring is perfect.

dunwichamps

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 28, 2012, 12:18:45 AM
That's a clean motherfucker. Hope the tone is as gnarly as the wiring is perfect.

thanks, im hoping 2. its more or less a Superlead kinda amp but i got some tweaks on it

more guts

Hemisaurus

I imagine it's so clean because he hasn't finished wiring it yet ;D

or does it have decorative pots, too ;)

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 28, 2012, 10:42:56 AM
I imagine it's so clean because he hasn't finished wiring it yet ;D

or does it have decorative pots, too ;)

should still be clean when it has the board in. I gotta to to ratshack and get a small PT for the relay switching and til then I wont put the board on. Pots are just Bourns basic shit.

Hemisaurus

where's the dwarves, or just get Sunn to dance on his knees ;D