Western MA Stoner/Thrash band needs drummer - ready to gig

Started by Niko, February 24, 2012, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

Alright, to get to the point: My friend and I have been jamming with bands/composing songs ourselves (myself on guitar, he on bass) for over 5 years together now. We have over 30 minutes of material written, or a complete live set/EP, along with dozens and dozens of other jams over the years. Recently, we have been offered to open for a few bands that are well known in the underground doom/stoner metal scene for gigs in the summer time. We are looking to take the next step and meet a drummer and rhythm guitar player who are as serious and passionate about music as we are.

We are ready to play shows right off the bat with our current material, and also look forward to working creatively with new people on new music and tweaking our current stuff as well. We have access to recording equipment and a small studio, which is great for writing. It seems like there is almost no scene for this type of music in western Mass, apart from the people we already know. So if you are a drummer or guitarist looking to have fun, and play some killer riffs, send me an email.

Some of the bands we dig, and I guess sound like, are:

Black Sabbath
Sleep
Slayer
Metallica
Mastodon
Baroness
His Hero Is Gone
Isis
King Crimson
High on Fire

I could go on all day with bands, but you probably get the idea if you recognize any of those. Let's give this area something to be proud of musically, something aside the generic, terrible radio rock/metal that has come from Springfield since... forever?

my email is:

bullet138@gmail.com

thank you guys to anyone who reads this

Niko

dunwichamps

Quote from: Niko on February 24, 2012, 11:02:05 PM
yea, where are you from? would you be interested?

Im in Storrs @ UCONN but i dont know what kind of time I could have for ya

The scene does suck up here but ur still about 2+ hrs away from me

VOLVO)))

The new Dunwich "Blueballer!" It's sister amp is the Dreamcrusher.

Nick, you tease.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 25, 2012, 12:19:30 AM
The new Dunwich "Blueballer!" It's sister amp is the Dreamcrusher.

Nick, you tease.

Jake watch ur step now, dont wanna anger the gods.

VOLVO)))

I named my cat Dio, the gods have been properly honored. I really do want Dreamcrusher, though...

Yo, Nick, what do those etched faceplates run you? Ive got a head Im going to build a case for. The LED circuit isnt hard, is it?

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 25, 2012, 01:40:21 AM
I named my cat Dio, the gods have been properly honored. I really do want Dreamcrusher, though...

how about a Wizard Fuzz?

Niko

Quote from: dunwichamps on February 24, 2012, 11:08:09 PM
Quote from: Niko on February 24, 2012, 11:02:05 PM
yea, where are you from? would you be interested?

Im in Storrs @ UCONN but i dont know what kind of time I could have for ya

The scene does suck up here but ur still about 2+ hrs away from me

ah yea that is a little of a trek, perhaps one day if it ever works out you can come to some shows. and god damn, dat dunwich..

dunwichamps

yea man, i guess compared to most folks your damn close, considering most of the forum folks are well far away from me.

Possibly some gear talk and geek out someday. You are close enough to actually demo some of my shit

Niko

that would be quite awesome man! the sound of the wizard is amazing, honestly. where are you located again? if it's possible i really would love to demo them for real, i am going to be investing in a higher end amp come summer time as the music gets rolling, and i would be seriously interested in the wizard. thanks

dunwichamps

Quote from: Niko on February 28, 2012, 10:24:13 PM
that would be quite awesome man! the sound of the wizard is amazing, honestly. where are you located again? if it's possible i really would love to demo them for real, i am going to be investing in a higher end amp come summer time as the music gets rolling, and i would be seriously interested in the wizard. thanks

Right now I dont have one in my shop/apartment since everything is built to order. I have a 75W Metropolitan and according to my upcoming build schedule I wont have a Wizard for a little while. I will have some other kool shit tho,

Im located in Storrs, CT.