Okay, this is an interesting feature

Started by Ranbat, February 12, 2012, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

Probably the biggest reason I buy old Teiscos is for the weird factor. I picked one up today that has a mute lever attached to the tremolo bridge. What they thought this feature would be good for, I don't know. Unless, palm muting just wasn't a common thought.

Meh :/

Lumpy

Maybe for in-between songs, when you're doing song dedications and taking requests? ???

Where do you find your Teiscos? I'm dreaming of a $30 garage sale score...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Ranbat

Craigslist and Estate Sales. I've been paying closer to $60 nowadays though.

Lumpy

How do you find out about Estate Sales?

They probably require a car :(  (to get there, and then come back with the loot).

Ranbat

Usually people advertise Estate Sales in the Garage Sale heading on Craigslist. I also have a car (it's pretty much mandatory here. Our public transportation is almost non-existent.) and see signs out quite often. Usually I find acoustics like Harmonys, Silvertones, Kays. Once in awhile though I do find a Teisco or Silvertone electric.

Discö Rice

So because of this thread, I started looking up Teisco guitars, and fell immediately in love with what turns out to be the most expensive one they made, the Spectrum 5. I thought "cool. Weird looking, good sounding guitars that are nice and cheap!". Spectrum 5 is going for like $2400. I'll burn down the world! >:( 
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

hayseed

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/2830795332.html

Tons of Teisco guitars on Pittsburgh CL all of the time. I have an Audition which resembles a Fender Jazzmaster. It was my Grandfather's guitar and was passed to me along with a 1950's Gregory Mark V tube amp. I haven't played either in years but i want to change that. Anyway, I have seen the string mute before! A buddy of mine had one similar to that in high school. It really really sounded like shit,
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Lumpy

There's Teiscos on the NYC Craigs List too, but for 150 and up. I'm more interested in a <$50 dollar Teisco scores.

It's like anybody can have a delicious restaurant meal for $25, but can you find one for $6?

Discö Rice

Quote from: Lumpy on February 15, 2012, 05:09:58 PM
There's Teiscos on the NYC Craigs List too, but for 150 and up. I'm more interested in a <$50 dollar Teisco scores.

It's like anybody can have a delicious restaurant meal for $25, but can you find one for $6?
Well I just found the page for the Japan-only reissue of the Spectrum 5. Apparently they don't ship internationally, but I have a friend who frequents Japan (lives in Beijing, China). Might have him pick it up for me when he's there this summer if the price is right.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.