Main Menu

Oil Can Delay?

Started by FullCustom, February 10, 2012, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullCustom

I have two Morley oil can delays, I'm thinking about selling them but I have no idea what they go for.  Let us discuss the coolness that is the oil can delay

justinhedrick

Quote from: FullCustom on February 10, 2012, 11:25:09 AM
I have two Morley oil can delays, I'm thinking about selling them but I have no idea what they go for.  Let us discuss the coolness that is the oil can delay

do they work? i have a rotory volume wah that nees a new spring for the "variation" control.

i am going to ask what i paid for it out of mine (it is too big to be practical). $75.

FullCustom

One is an EVO-1 and other is an EDL.  They both work fine.  They were broken.  I bought new oil for them on ebay and repaired them both.  I used to use the EDL back in the 90's.  I got the EVO-1 from a customer about six months ago.  Yes, they are giant. 

Chovie D

ebay should give you a good idea of what they go for.

I paid $75 for mine, but that ws from an old dude who just wanted to clean out his attic.

was the repair difficult on the EVO-1?

FullCustom

Not really.  I just had to replace the oil cause it leaked out. 

Chovie D

Quote from: FullCustom on February 10, 2012, 03:46:12 PM
Not really.  I just had to replace the oil cause it leaked out. 

Messy? Toxic? di dyou replcae the two prong chord with a 3 prong?

I think mine wil involve more than just replacing the oil, one of the heads doesnt seem to be working and Ive read they can come detached from the wipers or whatevers in there. I have the oil , just havent gotten around to fixing.

mutantcolors

Someone on the original stonerrock had discovered a suitable replacement for that oil at a better price. I might be interested, depends what you're asking. I love my Tel-Ray phaser/volume.

FullCustom

I left the power cords stock.  The oil was pretty cheap on ebay.  The seller's username is smoky_gills. 

OUTLANDAH

I'd be willing to take the evo off of you if you'd like to trade for a earthquaker device white light overdrive?

FullCustom

Not really looking to trade.  Interesting offer though.