Main Menu

New geetar

Started by mutantcolors, January 30, 2012, 11:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutantcolors

I found you fuckers.

Now I have 2 mockingbirds retrofitted with bucker sized P90s.

justinhedrick

p90s in a mockingbird? that's an interesting combo. how does it sound?

mutantcolors

Like God himself stroking me off every time I play. Lubed with the tears of baby Jesus.

...so yeah, not bad. It came with rockfields which just fall on their face against the 90s. They are decent super distortion copies but man, I'm just not the same without those fat ass single coils anymore.

mutantcolors

Guess I could just provide an example. Duh

All tracks on the maple top 'bird except the solo in Death Perception, which is a Squier strat I got for $20.

http://psychedelicsexorgan.bandcamp.com/

cat shepard

Beautiful gtrs man. How long have you had them? that one seems oh so familiar, I could almost cry and just may.

Corey Y

Nice, one of the guitarists in Cold Mourning has the USA version of the one on the right and it's pretty sweet. That song "Death Perception" is pretty badass by the way.

VOLVO)))

What's up, motherfucker!? Where you been?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Are those P-94 pickups, then?
Livin' The Life.

mutantcolors

Yeah basically 94s in Gibson terms. They're GFS mean 90s.

IDK why it took me so long to find this forum. I searched around for something after sr died...hey, I'm here now.

Oh and thank you for peeping the song. I'm doing a whole solo record, Wrote/played/recorded/mixed that all by my lonesome.

VOLVO)))

Glad you finally showed up, FIND LIPPY FOR US!  ;D ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

neighbor664

Beautiful guitars! Awesome tunes! Seriously bad-assed tune!

inductorguitars

How do the P94 sound compared to P90's?

mortlock

id so kill to have the bass version of one of them..

bbottom

I'll never understand why they put a cloud inlay on those things.

mutantcolors

Because the cloud inlay is awesome.

90s and 94s are the same guts-wise, just sized as a drop in for a humbucker slot.

clockwork green

I have always had this visceral problem with script logo'd BC Rich's. I just love that big "R" so much that it pains me to see anything else. When I was a kid and hair bands ruled the world I wanted to play guitar so bad and my favorites were always BC Rich's. Now, after 20 years of playing I still have never owned one mainly because I'm not going to do it unless I do it right. Hell, I even looked into how much it would cost to have someone install an R and remove the script.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

mutantcolors

Meh, I see your point kinda but it doesn't bother me. I can assure you the price tag that goes with that R has no true correlation to quality. I'm sure they're somewhat better, but 7-10 times better? Not a chance.

I got both used and am now tickling the $800 mark in guitars. A custom shop bird is 3-4k.

cat shepard

The BC Rich guitars in the pic kick major ass, this dude I know used to have one and I played it all the time, then he sold it, looked just like the one on the left. Those things are incredible, the one I played was a 77.

inductorguitars

Quote from: bbottom on January 31, 2012, 02:16:18 AM
I'll never understand why they put a cloud inlay on those things.

Mockingbirds fly in the sky?