Main Menu

That Underwater Sound

Started by Hemisaurus, January 10, 2012, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

MB Quart NWF254 Nautic Marine 10 Woofer Subwoofer 4 Ohms

underwater speakers, there's got to be something fun to be done with these. master your next EP through a duck pond ;D

bitter

I don't think that's the kind of murky I'm going for  :D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

chille01

Are you sure they are underwater, and not just all weather?  I used to work at a public Aquarium, and while I saw lot's of all weather/outdoor/marine speakers, and waterproof wireless mics, I don't recall seeing any underwater speakers.  Not that I doubt they exist, I just can say from experience that there is a big difference between all weather, water resistant, water proof, and submersible.  We had some other cool aquatic gear like diver buddyphones (which are a transducer that you lower into the water to transmit to a receiver) and hydrophones (underwater microphones).  I also got to be involved in the electric eel powered Christmas tree one year... that was a neat one.

Hemisaurus

I know a lot of underwater gear is piezo based, and your right polypropylene cones are weatherproof, but possibly not submersible, what a downer you git ;)

I've got a better idea then, I have an old cast iron tub, I can get one of those magnetic transducers that, fill the bath, and drop a condom covered '57 or '58 into it ;D

VOLVO)))

condoms are for drug smuggling, silly!  ;D ;D ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 11, 2012, 02:05:56 PM
condoms are for drug smuggling, silly!  ;D ;D ;D
We'd never guess you were from Florida ;D

...and a courier :o

rayinreverse

marine rated subwoofers are for your boat bro. so you can bump the bass, annoy the fish and sportsmen, and get those chicks tops off with cases and cases of bush light.