SKB PS-25 Power Adapter Help

Started by bloodofkings, January 10, 2012, 12:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodofkings

Ok, I acquired one of these for the price of free. I've been in need of a pedalboard for a while now. Now here's the catch, there's no power adapter. Being the impatient person I am and not wanting to wait and pay an exorbitant price for a new adapter. I have my pedals on there already. Haha. I was wondering if you guy's could recommend me a power supply that would be comparable to what the original is. Maybe something I can grab at a local Radio Shack? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I can't crap for shit.

grimniggzy

Before I got my Voodoo supply I would just take pedals to Radio Shack and tell them I needed an adapter for whatever it was I was showing them. They usually have adapters of different voltages and sell the actual attaching part seperately.

Lumpy

If you look around online (various stores, official website) you might be able to find the specs of the 'official' adapter.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bloodofkings

Yeah I did some sixing around and what I could find was 9v, 500ma. The closest that Radio Shack carries is 9v, 800ma. Do you think if I hooked that up anything would explode? I have a couple pedals on my board I would rather not do any damage to.
I can't crap for shit.

Lumpy

My local music store has a bunch of orphaned adapters that they sell for a discount. Maybe yours does too.

Somebody included a Radio Shack adapter with a pedal I bought (it's a white wall wart) and it's the only adapter I have that makes noise. Also, when's the last time you were in Radio Shack... it's like walking into a black hole of suck. It's a cell phone store and nobody works there.

You can find adapters on Ebay too, just punch in those specs you have.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Ayek

If it says 500mA, you just gotta make sure it's at least that. Anything above is fine and dandy. Just makes sure it's a regulated output, a switch mode power supply would be best.

moose23

Yep regulated and at or above 500mA and you're golden. The board will only draw as much current as it needs so you can't damage it with higher current, voltage has to be as they prescribe though.