Main Menu

on line shopping..

Started by mortlock, January 05, 2012, 01:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

..under the influence of drugs and alcohol..
i do it alot..most of the time i grab a record off ebay for not too much damage. ill occasionally dabble in gear..but i like to do that sober..

The Shocker

I'm real bad about that - SunnO can vouch for that.  I go back and forth for days deciding if I should buy something, then I have a few drinks on the weekend and bam! New guitar coming in the mail.

Instant Dan

I just bought some bullet cables the other weekend when drunk. :P

grimniggzy

I used to do this a lot. Now I hardly let myself buy anything.

bass sic

Deaners statement exactly. Alls it takes is a couple cocktails and I'm pulling the trigger on something I've held off for a week/month. Damn technology.

justinhedrick

i never buy anything online really. usually it's just craigslist, but usually i'm too damn broke to drop cash on something.

MichaelZodiac

I used to do this with records all time, not so much lately. I did buy my Bassballs on a hunch, just walking in a music store when I was getting some cables.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

zachoff

Mine's usually music, but not very often.

VOLVO)))

Do it with inexpensive shit... "new belt?" Bought!

I buy a lot of "preparedness" gear, always upgrading something I carry.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 05, 2012, 10:58:27 AM
Do it with inexpensive shit... "new belt?" Bought!

I buy a lot of "preparedness" gear, always upgrading something I carry.

Sadly, I am totally unprepared for the zombie apocalypse.  If it was just me I would be, but my son essentially makes me fucked.

Hemisaurus

Yep, when end-time cometh, Sunn0))) will be able to change a string like that! ;D

VOLVO)))

you bet your sweet ass I'll be able to!

Also, start fires, make shelter, have 20 hours of 150 lumen light on me at all times, and if we have my truck... MREs, thermal blankets, two tents, two sleeping bags, a full medical kit (not some dinky first aid kit,) a thousand waterproof matches, wire saws, a couple hundred feet of rope, walkie talkies, a full set of tools... hahaha.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bass sic

No twinkies? You ain't gonna make it pal.

Jake

Hahaha. Funny topic.

I guess I put this in my shopping cart after a drunken night last week. Don't remember doing it at all and only found out after I got a "hey, you forgot to pay for this" email.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-j-mascis-jazzmaster-electric-guitar/h77423000001000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=1100614872
poop.

The Shocker

Quote from: Jake on January 05, 2012, 09:21:55 PM
Hahaha. Funny topic.

I guess I put this in my shopping cart after a drunken night last week. Don't remember doing it at all and only found out after I got a "hey, you forgot to pay for this" email.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-j-mascis-jazzmaster-electric-guitar/h77423000001000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=1100614872

LOL, that's one of the things I did pull the trigger on.

Jake

Wow. That's pretty funny!

If you don't like it, maybe I'll get drunk and buy it from you one night.
poop.

Lumpy

I like to shop online for GAS that I never follow through on. I look at Craigs List almost every day, Ebay once a week, various Classifieds forums (Talk Bass etc) almost every day. I don't really need anything though.  :-\
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

fuck..i just did it again..im not going to mention the $ value, but its a little more of a hit than i would have allowed my good judgement to take if i was sober.
however i do got 2 new killer table top synths coming..

Hemisaurus

yowch :-X

unless you got like. WSG or something cheap.

mortlock

i wont regret it..im actually kinda stoked..

neighbor664

No gear shopping lately. But I did buy this shirt the other day while intoxicated.

The Shocker

Quote from: neighbor664 on January 23, 2012, 09:21:03 PM
No gear shopping lately. But I did buy this shirt the other day while intoxicated.

A wise purchase.

clockwork green

The real dangerous ones for me are Amazon Prime stuff...next fucking day shipping for $4!!! iTunes is the other bad one...buying music and movies all the time. I'm pretty good at only getting gear I plan on getting but I plan on getting a lot of gear. If I could have things overnighted to my house for $4 the Craigslist and eBay would be a lot more trouble. I have no patience for ground shipping anymore.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Lumpy

Quote from: mortlock on January 23, 2012, 07:47:36 PM
fuck..i just did it again..im not going to mention the $ value, but its a little more of a hit than i would have allowed my good judgement to take if i was sober.
however i do got 2 new killer table top synths coming..

What did you get?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

susanoosynth..

analog synth 2 and the noise maker 3..