Main Menu

Booking shows

Started by bbottom, November 15, 2011, 12:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Who in your band is responsible for booking the shows and what is it that you have found is the best way to approach it?

Hemisaurus

look for the booking map in this forum ;)

justJon

Any of us can book a show, but mostly, it's on me, 'cause I've got the time and the address book.

I hit up the guys/gals at the main local venues when we've got some people we're itching to put a show together with/for, when there's a major touring act coming through, etc, but I also stay in close touch with the other local bands we dig and hang out with, so it's kind of a mutual networking situation. Most of the local "heavy" bands are pretty metal, so we're kind of a big fish in a small pond, and that makes it easier for us, but it can't hurt to get on a first name basis with 2 or 3 of the local booking agents, and certainly the bigger local acts that are close to your own genre. Go to shows, and don't just meet the bands, chat up the bouncers, soundguy, bartenders, managers, etc.

Just "network." It'll come.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

jibberish

^fuckin a. it's a "who you know" world.

bass sic

Our singer does all the booking. In fact he does the website, flyers, disk art, pretty much all the legwork that goes along with being rockstars. Im pretty sure if it wasnt for him we would have fizzled out long ago.

Iron Mtn

Quote from: Hemisaurus on November 15, 2011, 12:25:01 AM
look for the booking map in this forum ;)

You have a link for that? Looked up 'booking map" and it yielded no results.....

grimniggzy

mortlock

i usually do most of the booking..sometimes the shows come to me and we get asked to play, sometimes i got to get out and ask to jump on shows or try and book a show from scratch, which is the hardest to do.

i like playing out of town and that is easy to do for a show..never been good at stringing a tour together..it never seems to work out..