Main Menu

Identify this?

Started by Hemisaurus, November 14, 2011, 10:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

Maybe? All the ones I googled have a pretty plain headstock, that headstock rings a bell, it's kinda like a weird Yamaha or Ibanez, maybe, but I swear I've seen it before.

fallen

There have been some Peavey strat copies with a similar headstock. Maybe it's a Peavey jazz bass copy, or maybe a frankenstein.

Lumpy

When you freeze a frame of video, things in motion can look distorted. Video is not a very high-resolution medium. If the headstock shape is throwing you for a loop (looks like a paisley shape) but everything else indicates it's ____ brand, that's probably what it is.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

No, that's actually what it looks like. Big Fender/Kluson style tuners on the back, slabbish body, looks like a single humbucker at the bridge, but if so what's the pickguard for?

Slow

Headstock rings a bell?

I know that bass ain't a Caparison, but that's what it dinged immediately.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Hemisaurus

Wow, can't believe I've stumped everyone.

grimniggzy

Iron Mtn

The bass player is Eric Wood of Pillsbury Hardcore, Man is the Bastard, & Bastard Noise fame.
The Bass is a Robin Bass that was sold to him by Mike dean of CoC in 1988.
Sadly he no longer has it due to theft....

Worthless Willie

Doh, you beat me to it!

Robin.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

moose23

Just did a google image search to have a proper look at the bass and thought I'd post what I found:

http://www.bass-guitar-museum.com/bass-10394-Robin-bass-guitar-1-of-10-seen-in-magazine

Hemisaurus

Many thanks, I think I had incorrectly had it figured as a Yamaha of some kind :-[

Hemisaurus

It was a Robin Freedom bass, the basses were made in Japan by ESP according to Vintage Guitar.

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith